Chai SACCO Society Ltd is a leading Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Ltd with fully pledged branches in Nairobi, Litein, Mombasa, Nkubu and Kisii, and marketing offices in Olenguruone (Nakuru) and Silibwet (Bomet).
Purpose of the Job Continuously ensure internal control systems, risk management and governance, procedures and policies with a view to minimize risk exposure for utilization of assets and other resources.
Roles for the Internal Audit & Risk Manager Job
- Develop internal control measures and organize regular review of internal control measures
- Develop annual audit plans for approval by appropriate authority and ensuring that routine audits are carried out as per agreed plan.
- Ensure compliance with the laid down internal controls, all Sacco policies and other statutory requirements
- Develop risk and compliance framework on the Society’s overall risk management strategies and annual work plans.
- Conduct discussions with line Managers on commencement and completion of all audits.
- Check the soundness of accounting procedures and reliability of financial records and reports
- Carry out investigations in the Sacco as the need may arise
- Ensure compliance with the policies, plans, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations
- Safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verify the existence of such assets by independently appraising the
- Ensure operations or programs are consistent with established objectives and goals and that the operations are being carried out as planned
- Liaise with external auditors to foster co-operation, reduce duplication of effort and ensure appropriate sharing of information
- Advise management on external audit queries
- Guarantees complete confidentiality of records and information obtained during the course of audit jobs.
- Carry out audits and investigations and recommend remedial actions as per operational procedures requirements.
- Develop and maintain a sound audit manual detailing audit practices, procedures and standards
- Determine the accuracy and reliability of accounting records by analyzing systems and internal controls.
- Ensure audit working papers are properly prepared, referenced, reviewed and documented systematically.
- Prepare management reports as required
- Supervising, training and appraising staff
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the strategic plan
- Review and evaluate the financial controls, systems, procedures, books of account, financial statements and periodic financial reports
- Assist in coordinating the activities of the Audit and Supervisory committees in consultation with the office of the C.E.O
- Participating in preparation and implementation of the strategic plan
Internal Audit & Risk Manager Job Requirements
- Masters degree in Finance or related field
- A Business related degree.
- CPA (K) /ACCA Qualification
- Five (5) Years working in a Finance function with a minimum 4 years auditing experience in a senior position.
- Membership in a professional body
- CISA certification will be an added advantage
- A firm understanding of internal auditing standards
- Able to integrate understanding of industry trends and vulnerabilities to identify future possibilities, opportunities and risks.
- Knowledge and application of Internal Audit standards in financial services industry
- Proactively review and recommend security quality improvements in line with technological and product changes.
- Ability to understand and document workflows and business processes.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Organized; able to work both independently or in a team setting.
- Ability to identify solutions that effectively address business and control needs.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate audit results to functional heads and other stakeholders.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support true performance.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria may submit their application letter together with their detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three referees and expected remuneration in a clearly marked envelope “APPLICATION FOR ………………….” and dropped in the Tender Box at the 4th Floor Reception, KTDA Plaza, Nairobi addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Chai SACCO Society Ltd,
KTDA Plaza, 4th Floor,
P.O. Box 278 – 00200, Nairobi.
Application deadline: 2nd August 2017 at 5:00pm. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CHAI SACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER