Chai SACCO Society Ltd is a leading deposit taking Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Ltd with nationwide membership.
The SACCO has two fully pledged branches in Nairobi and Litein, and a marketing Office in Mombasa.
We are looking for self-driven and results-oriented persons to fill the following positions:-
Job Title: Loans Assistants
Position Reports to: Assistant Accountant
Purpose of the Job: Develops loan applications by evaluating applicant information and documentation
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities are;
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in processing loan applications
- Participate in appraising loan applications
- Process over deductions
- Process and issue clearance forms to members
- Ensure proper recording of processing documents
- File and document all paperwork related to loan applications
- Assist in the development and maintenance of sound loan processing procedures
- Participate in training new members on loan products
- Prepare management reports on loan processing as required
- Manage customer enquiries and complains pertaining to loan processing on time
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Key Result Areas:
The jobholder’s accountability areas are as follows
- Preparation of accurate reports on status of Loans
- Ensure that all application are acted on and forwarded for approval
- Communicate to the members of their loan position.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The jobholder must possess
- A Bachelors Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum CPA II.
- Minimum 2 years general accounting experience
- Good communications skills, Excellent interpersonal skills, Well organized, Honesty and integrity, Team player.
- Computer literacy skills with experience working with Accounting Packages
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office, spreadsheet applications and computerized accounting systems
- Strong strategic advisory and analytical skills.
- Fluent in English with excellent communications, presentation and inter-personal skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria may submit their applications with a detailed CV, copies of their certificates & national ID, and names and contacts of three referees, expected remuneration and daytime telephone contacts in a cleared marked envelope “APPLICATION FOR ……” to: The Chief Executive Officer,
Chai SACCO Society Ltd,
KTDA Plaza, 4th Floor,
P.O. Box 278-00200,
Nairobi. Application deadline: Wednesday, 23rd September 2015. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Chai Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.