Chai SACCO Society Ltd is a leading deposit taking Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Ltd with nationwide membership.
The SACCO has two fully pledged branches in Nairobi and Litein, and a marketing Office in Mombasa.
We are looking for a self-driven and results-oriented person to fill the following position:-
Job Title: Procurement & Administration Officer
Division: Human Resources and Administration
Position Reports to: Human Resource and Administration Manager
Receptionist / Telephone Operator
Job Summary: Responsible for the coordination of office operations, procurement and resources mobilization to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The jobholder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows;
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Human Resource and Administration Manager in overseeing general office administration of Chai Sacco by managing office space, maintaining service contracts, managing office equipment and monitoring administrative costs;
- Implementing office administrative procedures and policies at Chai Sacco as may be directed by the head of department.
- Ensuring that office supplies and inventory are adequately replenished.
- Implementing office safety measures at Chai Sacco including Fire drills, First Aid Activities etc;
- Supporting the HR and Admin Manager in organizing and setting up staff functions such as management meeting, long service award ceremonies, team building, birthdays etc;
- Supporting the HR and Admin Manager in managing the company vehicles by coordinating vehicle maintenance, motor vehicle insurance activities, maintaining a user log of the vehicles and sourcing for outsourced taxi services
- Supporting the HR and Admin Manager in overseeing the renewal of office licenses and relevant business license
- Preparing requests for proposals/ quotations and prepare comparison of various quotations
- Maintaining procurement records and managing Society inventory
- Preparing reports on procurement activities as per guidelines
- Conducting research to ascertain best products and services in terms of best value, quality and delivery
- Forecasting price trends
- Attending internal meetings, taking minutes and following up on actionable areas
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Key Result Areas:
The accountability areas are:
- Maintenance of sound administration policies.
- Healthy and safe work environment.
- Proper management of office space
- Efficient coordination of staff functions
- Timely procurement of items
- Accurate reports on procurement activities
- Asset management
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The jobholder’s must possess;
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply or its equivalent from a recognised institution
- Higher Diploma/ professional certification will be an added advanatage
- Minimum 3 years experience in the application of procurement regulations
- Member of a recognised institute of purchasing and supply
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent planning and logistical skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria may submit their applications with a detailed CV, copies of their certificates & national ID, and names and contacts of three referees, expected remuneration and daytime telephone contacts in a cleared marked envelope “APPLICATION FOR ……” to: The Chief Executive Officer,
Chai SACCO Society Ltd,
KTDA Plaza, 4th Floor,
P.O. Box 278-00200,
Nairobi. Application deadline: Wednesday, 23rd September 2015. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Chai Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.