Chai SACCO Society Ltd is a leading deposit taking Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Ltd with nationwide membership.
The SACCO has two fully pledged branches in Nairobi and Litein, and a marketing Office in Mombasa.
We are looking for a self-driven and results-oriented person to fill the following position:-
Job Title: Records Officer
Department: Branch Operations
Position reports to: Head of Business Operations
Position Supervises: Branch Records Officers II
Purpose of the Job: To maintain accurate and appropriate records within the approved systems, policies and procedures for efficient management of Society records.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities are as follows;
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Shelve both active and archive member files, using the set record keeping policies
- Registration of new members which involves:
- Receiving the membership forms from customer care,
- Confirmation of the membership by checking the ID number, membership, number and payroll in the system, if the member is not registered
- Separation of the M-Sacco, nominee, and ATM forms
- Data entry of the details in the system which includes the name, ID number, phone number, nominee details and payroll numbers.
- Assign member numbers to forms by entering member details in the system
- Retrieval of all loan files, recovery files and dormant account files on daily requests;
- Weed out semi active files, which involves the following
- Checking in the system for in active or different categories of files that are to be weeded
- Periodically updating the status of the semi active files in set database
- Create new volumes of files that are bulky which involves
- Periodically checking in the shelves for bulky files that need to be thinned
- Opening a new files as may be directed
- Closing the bulky files and labeling them accordingly
- Periodically updating the status of the new files online
- Repair and replacement of torn files that may be in the registry
- Catalogue and index of records as may be required
- Backup records by scanning documents and saving them online
- Conduct data entry and carry out foliation
- M-Sacco processing which includes:
- Receipt of the forms and confirming that the passport photo, ID, Safaricom phone number and signature are indicated
- Scanning of identification documents, the photo and signature and saving all scanned items into the system.
- Capturing the Contact details and M-Sacco serial numbers in the system
- Having scanned documents physically taken to FOSA for approval
- Sending back incomplete documents to customer care clearly marked to show what needs to be added for the form to be complete.
- Handle any phone enquiries that come through to registry
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Result Areas:
- The accountability areas are;
- Quality services to members
- Maintenance of accurate records
- Availability of records
- Backing up of records
- Verification of records
- Knowledge and Skills Required:
The job holder must possess:
- Degree in Archive and Records management
- Post graduate qualifications records management
- Certificate in information management
- Membership in a professional body
- Must be computer literate
- Minimum of 4 years experience in related field
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage information
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria may submit their applications with a detailed CV, copies of their certificates & national ID, and names and contacts of three referees, expected remuneration and daytime telephone contacts in a cleared marked envelope “APPLICATION FOR ……” to: The Chief Executive Officer,
Chai SACCO Society Ltd,
KTDA Plaza, 4th Floor,
P.O. Box 278-00200,
Nairobi. Application deadline: Wednesday, 23rd September 2015. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Chai Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.