Chebu Healthcare Services is looking for a registered nurse to join its leading team of professionals.
The Role: To perform nursing duties in a comprehensive outpatient facility. S/he must be mature, with good customer relations and have family planning experience.
Terms of Service: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Registered nurse will report to the head of the clinical arm of Chebu Healthcare services.
- Work at his/his level will largely involve planning and provision of nursing care in the outpatient department.
- Duties will include assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patients’ outcomes, providing appropriate healthcare service including IMCI, immunization, antenatal care and family planning, referring patients and clients appropriately, maintaining records on patients’ health conditions and care, ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment and collecting and compiling data
- Verifying and maintaining daily patient information.
- Keeping records on patients/ client’s health condition and care
- Referring patients and clients appropriately
- Supervising the clinicians, pharmaceutical technologists, and other technicians -lab, radiology- and ensuring that their duties are covered appropriately, and off and leave schedules adhered to.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintain continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- At least 2 years’ experience in a private outpatient set up.
- Hold a Kenya certiﬁcate of secondary education (KCSE) with mean grade C or its equivalent
- Be a holder of a Kenya Registered Nurse or Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse Diploma from a recognized medical training college
- Registration certiﬁcate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certiﬁcate in computer application skills from a recognized institution
- Demonstrate understanding of the commitment to national values and principles of public service governance as espoused in articles 10 and 232 the constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Original Identity Card or Passport.
- Original academic and professional certificates, testimonials and relevant documents in support of their applications.