Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Kenya Support Program, Kenya Location: Kenya
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist,
Kenya Support Program, Kenya
Through the Kenya Support Project (KSP), MSI/Kenya works to support and strengthen the current USAID/Kenya strategy in meeting day to day information needs to facilitate informed program management decisions and to provide substantive support with qualitative, quantitative, and analytical information to assist in continually assessing and evaluating the Mission’s development hypothesis. It also assists the Mission with its public education goals by providing qualitative and anecdotal evidence on the effects of projects on the lives of individual beneficiaries.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will occupy a critical position on the KSP Technical Team and will be responsible for working to support USAID/Kenya in meeting day to day information needs to facilitate informed program management decision-making, as well as to provide substantive support with qualitative, quantitative, and analytical information to assist in continually assessing and evaluating the Mission’s development hypothesis.
Please note: Only Kenyan citizens are eligible for this position
- Provide direct support in the areas of performance monitoring and evaluation as per KPS Task Orders.
- Plan, design, and implement performance evaluations, including writing statements of work and managing evaluation teams.
- Assist with M&E planning.
- Participate, as appropriate and as directed, in the design and implementation of performance monitoring and verification missions in Kenya.
- Assist in the design and implementation of special studies, as required.
- Assist KSP with support to USAID in the development, review and maintenance of their PMP.
- Assist in designing data collection methods and supervising survey firms.
- Assist in the development, population, and maintenance of a roster of qualified Kenyan M&E specialists for use by the USAID Technical Offices.
- Work with consultants and assist them in setting up interviews and coordinating logistics with the administrative team.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative information including the preparation of narrative summaries of analysis.
- Provide local context for M&E assignments.
- Lead team planning meetings or participate as a team member.
- Conduct training in performance management, data quality, and evaluative research; and
- Other similar duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years’ experience with donor-funded projects in Kenya is desired. USAID experience is a plus.
- Expertise in performance monitoring and evaluation design, implementation and management preferred.
- Experience fostering cooperation among donor, government, private sector and NGO entities is a plus.
- Experience working in fast paced, challenging environments.
- Expertise in research design, implementation and management.
- High level of proficiency with software applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience with or ability/interest in learning new software (MaxQDA, NVIVO, SPSS, etc).
- Ability to work well with a team, in both leadership and member capacities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred.
- Ability to mentor staff and counterparts.
- Ability to travel within Kenya.
- Must be fluent in English. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here