Simba Wells Bar & Restaurant
Located along Meru – Nanyuki Highway
Job Profile: The Chef will be responsible for all food productions and management of the Kitchen section including banquet functions, menus and food purchase specifications.
Have good understanding of policies relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to proper cooking methods and presentation of food with decorative display..
- Oversee kitchen operations, develop and implement menus according to hotel standards.
- Help in developing wells signature dishes that are standard in all three establishments.
- Develop, train and maintain a professional work force.
- Estimate materials and labour cost to efficiency deliver on clients’ expectations.
- Ensure correct items and amount of food is prepared prior to food service and is stored correctly.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and ensure that the employees adhere to the same.
- Training the kitchen personnel and ensure they attain professionalism as per work demand.
- Maintain discipline in the department according to wells staff regulation.
- Meeting guests and obtaining their feedback.
- Monitor performance of kitchen department and the associated personnel..
- Establish controls to minimize food and supply wastage and theft
- Inspect facility and deliveries to ensure their compliance to hotels laid down standard operating procedures.
- Provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel
- Instructing cooks and ensuring that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet the kitchen’s specifications and commitment to quality
- Assist with menu planning
- Verifies that kitchen staffs follow all recipes and portions sizes correctly and in service.
- Ensures kitchen and storage areas are kept clean and organized and away from contamination.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff
- Suitable applicants must have food production certificate qualification from a reputable hotel school.
- They should have at least 2 years working experience in a classified hotel.
- They should also have working knowledge of Menu making, costing and planning for events and banquets.
- Demonstrable team work and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Communication (English and Kiswahili).
- Valid Food Handler’s Health Certificate on application or during interview.
How to Apply
Applications to be sent to: [email protected] on or before 26th August 2015