Our client is a fast growing Hotel in Nairobi. They seek to hire a Chef who will be responsible for managing the kitchen, maintaining food standards and ensure consistency.
Chef Jobs in Kenya
Chef Job Responsibilities
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and food/labor costs
- Supervise kitchen staff’s activities
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Rectify arising problems or complaints
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipments to staff
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
Qualifications for the Chef Job
- Diploma in food and Beverage production
- At least 3 years experience in a high end catering establishment
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and waste to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
- Demonstrate real passion for menu planning and leadership
- Good knowledge in hygiene and sanitization regulations
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chef) to [email protected] before Tuesday 7th February 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV. N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.