- Head of Finance
Reporting to: Managing Director
- Develop and install effective financial management systems and procedures.
• Provide professional leadership and technical guidance in identifying and evaluating organizational risk factors.
• Plan and coordinate the timely preparation of annual work plans and budget estimates that achieves desired targets.
• Coordinate banking services, reconciliation of ledger accounts; and custody of funds, securities and financial instrument
• Review procurement process to ensure that the Company gets value for money through competitive bidding process, delivery of quality goods and services
• Establish stringent expenditure control procedures by adhering to best practice.
• Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, capital and projected financial position for implementation of planned activities.
• Develop and implement computerized financial information systems that enhance record keeping and asset management.
• Monitor and track the utilization of capital and operational expenditure against approved plans.
• Interpret financial reports, statements, accounting records and advice the Chief Executive accordingly.
• Coordinate the preparation of tax returns to ensure compliance.
• Review analysis of on-going programmes in order to determine progress towards stated goals and objectives and take immediate action for any deviations.
• Enhance the production of quality and timely accounting reports through improved accounting systems and procedures.
• Conduct training needs assessment for staff in order to improve quality services.
• Appraise and evaluate the performance of staff against set departmental targets and objectives.
• Attend HOD meeting, Chairs Departmental meeting and external meeting.
- Masters degree or its equivalent.
• Full Professional qualifications such as CPA (K), ACCA, and membership to relevant professional body.
• Minimum seven (7) years experience, five (5) of which must be in Senior Management position in a large Finance department.
- Legal Services Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
- Lead and advise the Company on all legal matters
• Draft, negotiate, vet and execute contracts, leases, agreements, licences and any other legal documents on behalf of the Company.
• Review and advise Management on existing contracts, leases, agreements, etc
• Liaise closely with the Company’s external lawyers
• Receive court process documents on behalf of the Company
• Collect debts on behalf of the Company
• Maintain registers of all legal documents.
• Conduct legal research, develop concept papers, prepare legal briefs and opinions as well as developing effective defence strategies, arguments and testimony in preparation for legal proceedings.
• Prepare monthly/periodical reports for Management review
• Ensure in conjunction with other trustees, the efficient and effective Management and administration of the Company’s Staff Retirement Benefits Scheme.
• Conduct annual legal audits to evaluate statutory compliance by the Company.
• Oversee the legal section including the preparation of budgets.
• Initiate the relationships with Insurance Companies and respond to their business applications.
• Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
• Represent/ensure legal representation in court proceedings that the Company may be party to.
• Appropriately insure all Company assets, liabilities and group personal accidents cover.
• Provide legal advice to Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) and post-graduate Diploma in Law.
• Professional qualifications such as CPS or equivalent and
• Minimum five (5) experience in providing legal services to a Corporate set up
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their applications stating their suitability for the post they are applying for, expected salary, day time telephone number and detailed curriculum vitae including the names and addresses of three referees and copies of academic and professional certificates to reach the undersigned on or before 1st March, 2017. Managing Director Chemelil Sugar Company Limited P.O. Box 1649 KISUMU E-mail: [email protected] Our Vision: The Company of choice in the manufacture of sugar and related products NB: We are an equal opportunity employer and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply