Hilltop Preparatory School, Bidii Farm
Tel: +254 706 977 341 / +254 706 977 422 | Email: [email protected] | P.O. Box 817- 30200 | Kitale, Kenya.
Hilltop Preparatory School is a leading mixed private primary school (day & boarding) located in cosmopolitan Kitale. We are looking for a Chief Accountant to oversee the financial functions in the institution.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Be in charge of the financial functions of the institution.
- Implement accounting framework consistent to best practice.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records of all financial transactions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual budgets and oversee implementation.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to the Board.
- Coordinate the annual audit process; liaise with external auditors and the directors.
- Advise on the improvement of financial management system and internal control system.
- Supervision of the day-to-day operation of the Accounting Department.
- Ensure sound cash management of deposits, bank accounts and daily transactions.
- Manage the school’s cash flow and forecasting.
- Process payroll and remit taxes and levies to relevant agencies.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Manage the school procurement process.
- Provide the vision and the professional leadership of the school to maintain its success and to ensure high service to all its stakeholders.
- Promote the school’s ethos in which the highest standards are expected from all members of the school community.
- Ensure achievement of set targets on financial management and performance.
- Follow up with parents to ensure that the school fees are promptly paid.
- To monitor and evaluate school performance and report to the Board of Director.
- Coordinate recruitment & retention of high quality staff, while promoting professional development.
- Ensure that the school operates and abides to the Education Act & other relevant laws of Kenya.
Qualifications for the Accountant Jobs:
- Certified public Accountant (CPA K or finalist).
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of accounting principles IFRS.
- 5 years relevant work experience; 2 years preferably in an academic institution.
- Ability to work in a multicultural diverse environment and under pressure.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, high integrity, dependable, and attentive to detail.
- A track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills, which support and enable sound decision-making.
- Ability to plan, manage and follow through on assignments and communicate at all levels of the institution in a timely and professional manner.
- Successful candidates will be offered a competitive package, which includes; housing, medical, education for children and an incentive driven bonus scheme when certain targets are meet.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send detailed CV including expected salary to : [email protected] . Closing date: 31st October 2016. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.