Chief Accountant Jobs at Kenyatta National Hospital
Job Group K5
The Chief Accountant I will be responsible to the Deputy Director, Finance for provision of quality accounting and advisory services.
Chief Accountant Job Key Responsibilities
- Interpretation of financial policies as contained in Government circulars and in conformity with the Exchequer and Audit Act.
- Formulation and implementation of Hospital financial policies and regulations.
- Development and implementation of sound and effective accounting systems.
- Budgeting and costing of Hospital activities.
- Collection of Hospital revenue and disbursement of Hospital funds.
- Maintenance of proper accounting records.
- Participate in preparation of expenditure estimates for the department
- Promoting the Hospital Occupational Health and Safety initiatives.
- Preparation of reports on the operations of the section as required.
- Effective supervision, training and development of staff.
- Assessment of staff performance.
Qualifications and Experience for Chief Accountant Job
- Masters in Accounting, Commerce or its equivalent from a recognized University
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance or its equivalent.
- CPA (K)
- Three (3) years experience at a Management level in a large organization
- Must be a registered member of ICPAK.
- Computer literate
How to Apply
- Interested candidates for these positions and who meet the minimum requirements are requested to fill and submit the Hospital application form in the Website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 18th November 2016 to the address below:
- The Chief Executive Officer, Kenyatta National Hospital P.O Box 20723-00202 Nairobi
- Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for a full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.