Chief Accountant Jobs at Summit Recruitment
Our client, a five star hotel in Nairobi, is looking for a Chief Accountant. The successful candidate will be responsible to oversee the daily operations of accounting department including payroll, receiving and stores.
He / She will also assist in the preparation of financial operating statements and reports in accordance with Corporate Policy and Procedures as well as supervise and prepare month-end balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis.
Chief Accountant Job Key Responsibilities
- Implement the overall financial plans and accounting practices of HQ.
- Oversee financial and accounting systems controls and standards.
- Manage all financial aspects of trust funds, including replenishment requests, expense data, fund balances, and charging information.
- Conducts weekly cash counts of all cash funds.
- Proactively analyze and interpret financial data and recommends changes to improve systems.
- Ensure sufficient operating funds are securely held at all times.
- Advise Director of Finance & Operation Mgmt of any budget irregularities/potential fiscal problems.
- Monitor inventory counts to ensure for accuracy and balance with accounting records.
- Review all audits, vouchers, and tax returns submitted to the Dir. of Financial.
- Maintain record of insurance expenses that are bad debts.
- Analyze general ledger account on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Department of Human Resources with the recruitment of accounting staff .
- Train, motivate and conduct performance appraisals in coordination with the Training Department.
- Ensures all financial transactions are recorded with accepted accounting principles and established accounting policies and procedures.
Qualifications for the Chief Accountant Job
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting from a trusted institution.
- At least 4 years of accounting experience with at least 2 years in supervisory level.
- Familiarity with hotel operating systems and software.
- Good administrative, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Computer literate and proficient in English.
How to Apply
Please visit the website below to apply; http://www.summitrecruitment-search.com/jobs/chief-accountant-five-star-hotel-in-nairobi/