Duty Station: Kwale County
A 3500 TCD sugar manufacturing plant located in Kwale with 18 MW Cogen is looking for a highly qualified and suitable candidate for the aforementioned position.
Job Summary: Manage staff within the department and ensure its smooth operation.
- Plan, coordinate and direct programs for research, product development, improvement of manufacturing processes in coordination with the research department.
- Analysis and testing of substances to support investigations, to detect toxins, or to verify composition of manufactured agricultural products and natural resources, like air, soil and water.
- Should be responsible for the steam, water and chemical consumption.
- Coordinates research analysis activities according to applicable government regulations, manufacturing processes, or other considerations and approve modification of formulas, standards, specifications and processes.
- Review research, testing, quality control, and other operational reports to make sure that quality standards, efficiency, and schedules are met.
- Interpret results of laboratory activities to laboratory personnel, management, and professional and technical societies, and prepare reports.
- Plan work activities of the chemical laboratory at the factory.
- Prepare and administer budgets.
- May advise or assist in obtaining patents for products, processes, or equipment. Ensures the chemical handling in the plant is done safely and within the proper procedures to
- Avoid chemical spillage which results in environmental damage.
- Apply Emergency response procedures when required
- Supervise the Chemists in all work activities that involve equipment maintenance and repair
- Experience in sugar industry is must.
- Over five years hands on experience as an chief chemist
- This challenging position will require a candidate with working knowledge of MS Office applications, proven ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision, high level communication skills, ability to prioritize workload, attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- They should display professional demeanor with qualities such as strong work ethics, trustworthiness, and embrace teamwork.
How to Apply