Reporting to the Manager – ICT, the Chief Digital Media Administrator will be responsible for managing the digital media unit and implementing the Corporation’s digital strategy. He/she will steer the Corporation’s digital vision and oversee all online content and activities. He/she will also be in charge of implementing the social media policy and manage all social media accounts.
Chief Digital Media Administrator Job Key Responsibilities
- Develop suitable strategies in digital communication that supports the Corporation’s overall goals
- Lead in integrating emerging technologies or applications into KBC operations and activities
- Drive KBC visibility online
- Oversee content generation to ensure quality, creativity and depth
- Budget planning and management
- Play a leading role in digital convergence between Broadcasting and online
- Revenue generation and liaise with Advertising Department to create campaigns that can be commercialized
- Build understanding of digital opportunities throughout the wider Corporation
- Ensure compliance with all applicable legal and best practice standards
- Supervise staff, ensure high performance culture, talent management and retention
- Generate relevant reports of the operations at the unit.
Minimum Educational and Professional Requirements for the Chief Digital Media Administrator Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication/Journalism/Social Sciences
- Three (3) years of relevant working experience in managing content and production for high traffic websites
- Proficiency in IT skills plus Basic design skills Adobe Suites
- Demonstrated knowledge of online skills (website and social media)
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Solid management experience and track record in motivating and building strong teams.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees. Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 9th December, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. MANAGING DIRECTOR KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION P.O. BOX 30456-00100 NAIROBI. KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.