National Water Conservation & Pipeline Corporation (NWCPC) is a State Corporation established under the State Corporations Act Chapter 446 of the Laws of Kenya vide Legal Notice 270 of 24th June, 1988.
The Corporation is under the Ministry of Water & Irrigation and home to exciting, inspirational and innovative professionals within the Water Sector in Kenya.
The Corporation recognizes the key role played by its human resource in the execution of its mandate and achievement of set goals and objectives in the development of water infrastructure in the country.
The Corporation offers exciting and challenging career opportunities with attractive and competitive remuneration package to its highly qualified and professional staff.
In the endeavor to execute its mandate, the Corporation is seeking to recruit a suitable, self-driven, result oriented and qualified individual of high integrity to fill in the following position:
Job Title: Chief Engineer – Construction
Grade / Scale: NWC 10
Vacancy No.: NWCPC/2015-2016/04
Positions Vacant: 1
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from a Recognized University
- Registered with Engineers Registration Board of Kenya
- 6 years relevant working experience
- Demonstrated experience in use of engineering software
- Experience in construction of large dams
- Experience in Contract Management is desirable
- Possession of a Masters degree in related field from a recognized University and attendance of a senior management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks will be an added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for projects including planning, design construction of water conservations structures or in any other relevant engineering projects;
- Ensuring that clear policies and criteria are laid down for identification of projects, feasibility studies, setting of standards selection of consultants and contractors;
- Supervision of technical staff and making recommendation for recruitment and promotions as necessary;
- Plan long and short-term programmes on water conservation and other hydraulic structures, including feasibility studies as well as setting performance targets for the division;
- Set standards for selection of consultants and contractors to undertake the projects in line with the Government procurement policy;
- Prepare annual budgets and long term investment plans;
- Give recommendation for recruitment, deployment and promotions;
- Undertake supervision, training and development of the technical staff – professionals, technicians and artisans.
The position is on permanent and pensionable terms.
- All the interested applicants must meet the requirements of Leadership and Integrity as set out in Chapter 6 of the Constitution, 2010 and should have the following:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the above mentioned requirements for any of the above positions, please send your applications attaching a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified academic/professional certificates and testimonial, names and contacts of three (3No.) referees stating your day telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address on or before Friday 11th September, 2015. The Managing Director
National Water Conservation & Pipeline Corporation
Dunga Road, Industrial Area
P. O. Box 30173 – 00100 Nairobi Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
National Water Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all Kenyans in their diversity are encouraged to apply.