Our client, Chuna SACCO, a deposit taking SACCO based in Nairobi, wishes to recruit suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the position of Chief Executive Officer – REF NO. CHUNA/CCIA/CEO/2016
The Chief Executive Officer will be directly responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Sacco’s long and short term plans. He/she will also responsible for the overall planning, administration, coordination and evaluation of all functions of the Sacco.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To lead and oversee the implementation of all the Sacco’s long and short term plans in accordance with its strategy.
- To grow the Sacco business both FOSA and BOSA in terms of products, loan portfolio and revenues and assets as stipulated in the current Strategic Plan.
- Ensuring timely presentation of financial, management and regulatory reports to the board, the members and authorized third parties including auditors, regulatory authority and the ministry for cooperatives development and marketing.
- To assess the principal risks of the Sacco and to ensuring that these risks are being monitored and managed in collaboration with the audit function of the Sacco.
- To ensuring effective internal controls and management information systems are in place.
- To ensuring that the Sacco has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically.
- To ensuring effective communicate with members, employees, Government authorities and other stakeholders.
- To ensuring that the Directors are properly informed and that sufficient information is provided to the Board to enable the Directors to form appropriate judgments.
- Ensuring consistent compliance with the Society’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Timely implementation of the board recommendations.
- To ensuring that expenditures of the Sacco are within the authorized annual budget of the Sacco.
- To ensuring the Sacco is appropriately organized and staffed as necessary to enable it to achieve the approved strategy.
- Ensuring Staff Performance Management through implementation of the staff targets and Performance Appraisals.
- Ensuring staff Motivation, Welfare and Safety.
- Appointment to the position will be made from persons who have:
- Bachelors’ of Commerce (BCOM) or any other business related degree from a recognized university.
- 5 years working experience at a senior level in a busy accounting environment and preferably within the co-operative movement.
- Computer literate.
- Must be between 35-45 years of age.
Attributes / Skills
- Team player with good leadership skills.
- Advanced decision making and problem solving skills.
- Problem Solver: Solving problems of overall human resource management and long-term organizational planning.
- Change Agent: Introducing and implementing institutional changes and installing organizational development programs in regard to SACCO matters.
- Management of Manpower Resources: Broadly concerned with leadership both in the group and individual relationships and labour-management relations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to apply
- Download the online form (openable with adobe reader).
- Must indicate the Job Reference Number on the application form.
- The form must be submitted by end of 18th January 2017.