In order to strengthen the corporate strategy and our market leadership, we invite dynamic, innovative and self motivated candidates to submit their applications for the following position.
Chief Human Resources Management Officer
Ref. No: KVVI- 004/2016
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Human Resources and Management Officer shall be responsible for all matters relating to efficient, effective and sustainable engagement, utilization and improvement of the Institute’s human resources capital, including the development of succession planning systems and implementation of appropriate management and administrative decisions based on clearly defined Institutional and government policies and legislative guidelines and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and implementation of Human Resource Management polices and ensure adherence to procedures, rules and regulations.
- Human Resource planning, recruitment, discipline, promotion, transfer, separation, negotiation, etc
- Introduce system management practices that will facilitate effective and efficient management of the human resources.
- Ensure proper budgeting, resource allocation and utilization in the division.
- Develop regulatory framework and standards to promote understanding and commitment to positive values in the human resources.
- Update the existing rules and regulations in line with the changing environment.
- Setting human resources standards and providing advice on the implementation.
- Ensure proper planning and programming of work in the division.
- Analysing the impact of the Human Resource policies and advise management
- Facilitating the development of organization structure.
- Advice staff on career development and initiate development of the officers in the department.
- Interpret labour laws and other statutes that impact on human resource management.
- Writing proposals on policy formulation/administration and management of the institute
- Develop performance management system and ensure its implementation.
- Develop, maintain, up-date a sustainable staff establishment.
- Preparation of succession planning initiatives of the institute.
- Development and maintenance of the human resource management system.
- Enhancement of staff motivation and staff retention in the institute.
- Development, maintenance and updating of databases on:
• Skills and expertise of staff in the Institute.
• Scholarships and sources of funding.
• Recognised training institutions and recognised qualifications in Kenya and around the world.
- Handle staff benefits matters i.e. Pension, health, housing and insurance;
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelors degree in any of the Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines:- Human Resource Management, Business Management/Administration, Industrial Relations/Labour Laws, Public Administration or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Current Registration certificate with the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPS)
- At least Five years experience in a Senior Management position.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
- Have an understanding of the structure and functions of the public sector and;
- Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions
- Demonstrated professional competence in work performance and results.
- Be computer literate.
Mode of Application
1. Application should be accompanied with Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents; a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating current position, remuneration, email and other contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and email address) of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
2. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents the following:
a. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
b. Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
c. Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
d. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
e. Report from the Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
3. Interested applicants should submit ten (10) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked ‘Application for the position of…………………….. Ref. No….
4. Applications must be received on or before Friday, 16th December 2016 at 12 noon.
Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI)
P. O. Box 53260 – 00200,
Email: [email protected]
TEL: 020-3540071/020-2174418; FAX: 020- 2472881