Chief Pilot Jobs at The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited
Ref: KETRACO/5/1C/40/93/VOL I –B
The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) is a 100% state-owned corporation incorporated on 2nd December, 2008 under the Company’s Act, Cap 486 as a State Corporation.
The Mandate of the Company is to plan, design, construct, own, operate and maintain high voltage electricity transmission grid and regional power inter connectors.
KETRACO’s Vision is to be a world-class electricity transmission company and the leading inter connector in Africa.
The Mission of the Company is to provide reliable, efficient and effective electricity transmission and promote power trade for sustainable socio-economic development.
To achieve the above mandate, KETRACO has so far completed and commissioned 1,115.5km of transmission lines with 5000km committed and on-going projects.
The company has assets base of over Kshs. 77Billion. In addition;and to increase access to electricity, KETRACO plans to construct additional 7000km of transmission lines in the next five years.
The Company invites applications from suitable individuals to fill the following position:
The Chief Pilot is accountable to the General Manager, Technical Services and shall be responsible for effective and efficient operations of the Company aircraft to facilitate the execution of air-mobile maintenance work on transmission lines and other air transportation services as required.
Pilot Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing aerial support in the maintenance of Transmission Lines;
- Operating Company aircraft in accordance with Air-Navigation Orders and Regulations of KCAA;
- Ensuring that Company insurance schedules are compiled with;
- Maintaining Company aircraft technical records;
- Planning and execution of preventive and corrective maintenance schedules of company aircrafts;
- Coordinating functional activities within the unit;
- Maintaining operational linkages with other Departments/Sections of the Company;
- Managing human, financial and material resources assigned to the unit;
- Implementing management and technological innovations to enhance efficiency in the unit
Job Specifications for the Pilot Job
- The right candidate will have:
- KCSE Grade B+ or equivalent;
- Minimum Commercial Pilots License (CPL) on helicopters;
- At least 2000hrson helicopters;
- Twin engine helicopter experience ( Minimum 1000hrs);
- Must be fluent in English;
- Good inter personal and communication skills
Terms Of Service And Remuneration
The appointment to the position will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
The successful candidates for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration on package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
How to Apply
- Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelop by close of business on 8th December, 2016.
- Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport.
- The Managing Director, Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited, KAWI COMPLEX, 4thFloor,Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, P.O. Box 34942 – 00100, NAIROBI.
- KETRACO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents/details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.