Chief Registered Nurse Career At Busia County In KenyaÂ
Pursuant to Article 235 1 (b) of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and sec.59 1 (b) of the County Government Act, the county Government of Busia wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in various Departments as given below:
Chief Registered Nurses ,Job Group â€˜Mâ€™,(14) Positions
Chief Registered Nurse JobÂ Responsibilities
The specific duties will be to oversee service delivery in the following areas, among others
- assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patientâ€™s outcomes;
- providing appropriate healthcare service including Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI),
- Integrated Management of Adolescents and Adulthood illnesses (IMAI), immunization and reproductive health;
- providing health education and counseling to patients/clients and community on identified health needs;
- facilitating patients/clients referral appropriately;
- ensuring tidy and safe clinical environment;
- conducting clinical teaching and assessment of nursing staff and students;
- evaluating healthcare outcomes on patients/clients and preparing individualized reports;
- conducting occupational health needs assessment and making appropriate recommendations;
- managing a health service delivery section/units;
- ensuring effective utilization and safety of assigned medical supplies and equipment;
- conducting desk reviews on health reports and implementing recommendations related to nursing;
- caring for patients at the health service delivery unit using the nursing process; monitoring healthcare
- outcomes at the service delivery unit and preparing reports; and
- Analyzing data for research and compiling reports.
Requirements ForÂ Chief Registered Nurse Jobs
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have;
- Served in the grade of Senior Registered Nurse for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid Practising License from the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen; and
- Demonstrate understanding of the commitment of the National values and principles of Public Service
- Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2010, Article 10 and 232.
Terms of service:
- Permanent and pensionable.
Â Â Â How to Apply
Â Â Â
- Busia County is an equal Opportunity Employer. Persons With Disabilities (PWD), Women, Youth and Minority Groups are encouraged to apply. Applications should reach the undersigned on or before 13th May, 2016.
- The Secretary/CEO, County Public Service Board, Private Bag â€“ 50400, BUSIA (K).
- Hand delivered applications should be submitted to the County Public Service Board offices, Port Victoria Plaza, 2nd Floor, next to the Ministry of Energy along Hospital Road (1km from Farmiew Hotel).