The Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI) is a state corporation established under the State Corporations Act, (CAP 446) through Legal Notice No. 223 and operating under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, The State Department of Livestock mandated with the production, manufacturing, research and marketing of veterinary vaccines.
In order to strengthen the corporate strategy and our market leadership, we invite dynamic, innovative and self motivated candidates to submit their applications for the following position.
Chief Research and Development Officer
Ref. No: KVVI- 002/2016
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Research and Development officer shall be the head of Research and Development Unit and responsible for leading technology research in support of the institute business, operations and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising the Chief Executive Officer on matters relating to research and development;
- Day to day management and administration of the Research and Development Unit;
- Implementation and realization of the Division’s strategic plans and objectives
- Identifying research innovations on veterinary vaccines and products that have practical significance and devise strategies for their implementation.
- Mobilizing, overseeing proper management and accountability of resources for research and development;
- Development and validation of veterinary vaccines production techniques;
- Carry out critical evaluation of research projects at all stages of their implementation; advising on data processing, reporting and packing for dissemination;
- Documenting information on new products and technologies;
- Establishing and maintaining linkages with beneficiaries and stakeholders of research results and services;
- Identifying potential sources of funding for research and submitting proposals for funding;
- Reviewing research grant applications;
- Formulation of Institute’s and national research/scientific policies and strategies.
- Planning and implementation of national research programmes.
- Undertaking monitoring and evaluation of the Research and Development Programme’s and activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Veterinary Medicine;
- Have a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Veterinary Medicine, Vaccinology, Microbiology, Veterinary Epidemiology, Finance, Business Management, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized university;
- A minimum of five years experience as an officer in a research and development role.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and a clear understanding of strategic leadership, management and business skills;
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
- Have a clear understanding of manufacturing and commercial principles in a public sector setting;
- Have an understanding of the structure and functions of the public sector;
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance and results.
- Being a visionary and result oriented thinker;
- Be computer literate.
Mode of Application
1. Application should be accompanied with Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents; a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating current position, remuneration, email and other contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and email address) of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
2. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents the following:
a. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
b. Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
c. Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
d. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
e. Report from the Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
3. Interested applicants should submit ten (10) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked ‘Application for the position of…………………….. Ref. No….
4. Applications must be received on or before Friday, 16th December 2016 at 12 noon.
Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI)
P. O. Box 53260 – 00200,
Email: [email protected]
TEL: 020-3540071/020-2174418; FAX: 020- 2472881