Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Dimensions of the Role
The role entails the implementation of the Child Protection project as per the Child Protection Policy at the Programme Unit.
Child Protection Programs Graduate Internship Responsibilities
- Implement monthly activities and budget plans as per approved breakdown
- Work with relevant staff to ensure all logistics and procurement at a local level including events management are done according to Plan and donor policies.
- Facilitate training of children in the selected districts as agents of change to promote peace, to signal violence in an early stage, to mediate and to take action regarding violence against children.
- Facilitate access of relevant and accurate information on prevention of violence against children and ensure child protection mechanisms are accessible at both community level and county level (government authorities, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders working with children).
- Improve Child Protection mechanisms at family, school and community levels.
- Play an advocacy role to ensure that Sub County government take responsibility to institutionalize well-structured child protection systems and to prohibit all forms of violence against children.
- Represent the projects in related activities at appropriate levels in the Sub County and the County.
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Consolidate/write timely and quality project reports in line with Plan standards
- Document and share best practices with all stakeholders in child protection.
- Facilitate and coordinate joint reflection meetings/reflection sessions at the sub county level (among partners).
- Update Progress log on weekly basis on implemented activities in SAP
Qualifications for the Child Protection Programs Graduate Internship
- Graduates from Kenyan universities/reputable colleges
- Must have completed studies in a relevant field of study within the last 24 months.
- Graduates who are below 25 years old and willing to commit their time on the program for the entire year
- Demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty, positive attitude and ability to learn
- Graduates who are currently not in employment
- Skills in project management including project scope, budget and timelines
- Skills in project monitoring and reporting
- Community facilitation, networking, partnership development and management skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal, relationship and team working
- Conflict Management skills
How to Apply