Program Assistant Job at ChildFund
Through funding from ChildFund Korea (a member of ChildFund Alliance) ChildFund Kenya is implementing projects for poverty reduction and welfare improvement of communities in Turkana, Kajiado and Nairobi. In order to effectively implement these projects, we are recruiting for the following positions:
This project targets nutrition and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) activities within Turkana County with an overall aim of alleviating suffering and reduce water borne and diarrheal disease through WASH/Nutrition interventions.
The successful candidate is expected to plan, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate the assigned WASH and Nutrition project, assess community WASH and nutrition needs, design interventions, initiate and effectively manage and report on the project in line with the project’s goals and objectives, timeframe and budget.
Provide technical support and strategic direction; meet quality standards in WASH and Nutrition delivery, encourage beneficiary participation, liaise with other stakeholders and train Local Partner staff on WASH and Nutrition. This position reports to Program Manager –Turkana
Duties for the Program Assistant Job
- Participate in the WASH and Nutrition coordination mechanisms including, steering committees and working groups that coordinate and guide the nutrition sector response plans, operations and related activities at county level.
- Manage the assigned WASH and Nutrition project to meet the project objectives within budget and allotted time frame.
- Provide strong leadership of the assigned WASH and Nutrition project, working to ensure both short / long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local partners and local partner staff.
- Ensure that the project adheres to set sector standards (donor, government, etc).
- Support the application/ implementation and adherence to existing policies, strategies, standards and guidelines on WASH and Nutrition.
- Implement participatory Behavior Change Communication methods targeting WASH and Nutrition behavior change.
- Assist in documenting lessons learnt/good practices and other relevant reports for better WASH and Nutrition programming.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to ChildFund Kenya, donor and other applicable time frames and formats.
Program Assistant Job Requirements
- A minimum BSc in Human Nutrition and Dietetics/Food Science and Nutrition/Technical qualification in Water and Sanitation
- At least three (3) years continuous experience in WASH, Nutrition, Health and Community Development.
- Proven experience of working with local partners in delivery of community based programs and good capacity building skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize, focus and deliver quality results within deadlines while meeting conflicting work demands and targets; working with or without teams with minimum supervision.
- Experience in developing systems to capture and measure the impact of WASH and Nutrition activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with donor, project stakeholders, County collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization.
How to Apply
Apply here for the job