Chief Executive Officer Job at Choice Microfinance Bank
Reporting to: Board of Directors through the Chairman.
To provide effective leadership to the Choice Microfinance Bank’s top management and ensure that the Bank pursues its strategic vision, mission, and achieve its mandate of providing financial services as a Microfinance bank.
Responsibilities for the Chief Executive officer Job
- Implementing the Board’s policy decisions in a result oriented and timely manner to achieve the Bank’s vision, mission, goals and objectives through agreed performance targets.
- Implement the Bank’s strategic plan with reviews to realign the plan to contemporary changing situations.
- Effective decision making in key areas of Choice Microfinance Bank.
- Ensure that the Bank meet all statutory requirements e.g. Central Bank of Kenya standards, Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Prudent investment and risk mitigation strategies.
- Provide stewardship of the public identity of the organization to ensure that Choice Microfinance Bank is highly regarded by the public and its stakeholders as an effective, stable, competent and transparent banking
Effective representation of the Bank in major business assignments with customers and other stakeholders.
- Effective communication with the Bank’s Board of Directors and Senior Management Team.
- Periodical review of the Bank’s progress and offer guidance and advice to the Board of Directors and other Top Management.
- Providing accurate advice, direction and approvals for the Bank budgets, policies and procedures.
- Effective delegation of authority and responsibility to the Bank’s management under the CEO’s jurisdiction.
- Timely response to queries raised by the Board and Top Management.
- Evidence of the ability to prioritize and organize a heavy workload.
- Managing resource mobilization functions to ensure the timely availability of financial, technical and human capital required for the efficient implementation of policies and strategies aimed at strengthening the Bank’s consistency.
- Staff motivation and development to ensure retention of highly motivated and committed human capital.
- Any other duties assigned to you from time to time by the Board of Directors.
Qualifications for the Chief Executive Officer Job
- A Bachelors degree in a business or finance related field.
- A master’s degree.
- Senior business leadership training will be an added advantage.
- Board sitting experience is an added advantage.
- Professional banking qualifications: ACIB, CPA (K), ACCA or any other chartered institute an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years experience in the banking sector with five (5) years experience in leading a bank or a major department in a large bank or other financial institution.
- Should have extensive industry knowledge of the financial sector, excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with highly demonstrable competencies in building shared vision, championing customer focus and managing people in a multicultural environment.
- Understand and implement Bank Operations processes and procedures.
- Understand the Microfinance Act and CBK Prudential Guidelines.
- Must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity. (Certificate of good conduct, HELB, KRA, EACC and CRB)
- Should possess good knowledge of ethics, governance and operations of boards.
- Demonstrate skills in strategy development and execution.
- Proven ability in relationship building through negotiation and networking.
- Management and leadership ability: Have excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, Access, powerpoint, Internet and email.
- Personality: results oriented with excellent communication and social skills. A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hard working.
- Honest and with high integrity.
- Should be a member of a relevant professional body.
How To Apply
The position will be subject to a twoyear renewable contract, depending on performance, continued need of the Institute, and availability of funding. Competitive remuneration package will be offered commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are required to send their 1) onepage cover letter, 2) CV (including three relevant referees), and 3) twopage statement detailing career expedience and goals, what they will bring to AFIDEP, and how working at AFIDEP will help pursue his/her career goals NOT LATER THAN MARCH 20, 2017 to:
Finance and Administration Manager,
African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP),
6th Floor Westcom Point Building, Mahiga Mairu Avenue off Waiyaki Way, Westlands
P.O. Box 1468800800, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]