Head of Operations Jobs at Choice Microfinance Bank
We are looking for dynamic, proactive professional with strong credential and relevant work experience to fill the position head of operations.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer.
Under the general guidance of the Chief Executive, and within the limits of the established Bank’s policies and procedures as well as Regulatory requirements, ensures the smooth running of all aspects of Banking Operations.
Responsibilities for the Head of Operations Job
- Ensure proper due diligence on KYC is conducted on all customer accounts to effectively manage AML/CFT risks at all operational levels of the bank.
- Followthrough business relationships with the aim of mobilizing deposits and maintaining existing business.
- Formulate Strategic plan for the Operations Department and ensure implementation.
- Formulation of the Bank’s Operations policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership, direction and pace to the banking operations team.
- Effectively manage Operations Project including Banking Operations Systems.
- Design and coordinate the development, rollout and management of innovative Banking products within the Business.
- Follow through all Operations projects to ensure completion as per plan and within budget.
- Provide accurate and timely Operations reports for the Board of Directors and Management.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Board and Management on banking operations matters.
- Ensure effective communication between Management and reportees.
- Maintain high service delivery standards through objective and timely performance management and appraisals.
- Liaise with internal and external providers to ensure efficiency of operations.
- Represent the Bank in assigned assignment within and outside the Bank on Bank Operations.
- Ensure implementation regulators and internal policies, procedures, to ensure compliance.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of the Bank’s Operations Staff.
- Overall cash management.
- Remittance monitoring.
- Manage operational and business risks to maximize profitability and minimize costs.
- Ensuring no income leakages.
- Evidence of the ability to prioritize and organize a heavy workload.
Qualifications for the Head of Operations Job
- A Bachelors degree in a Social Science, Banking or a related field. Possession of an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Have a clear grasp of Central Bank regulations, Banking and related policy framework.
- Minimum Eight (8) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been at senior management level.
- Outstanding track record of performance and achievement.
- Experience within overall Credit and Sales an added advantage.
- Demonstrate skills in strategy development and execution.
- Proven ability in management, overall banking operations and Credit.
- High levels of professionalism and professional development.
- Indepth knowledge in Central Bank of Kenya prudential guidelines.
- Excellent grasp of the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Management and leadership ability: Excellent people management skills and ability to lead, motivate and build result oriented teams.
- Outstanding reporting, communication.
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, Access, powerpoint, Internet and email.
- Excellent word processing skills including ability to generate all office correspondence to the final product.
- Personality: results oriented with strong interpersonal relations and networking ability; A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hard working and able to work without supervision. Honest, reliable, outgoing and hardworking with excellent organizing abilities.
- Proven integrity, transparency and accountability.
How To Apply
The position will be subject to a twoyear renewable contract, depending on performance, continued need of the Institute, and availability of funding. Competitive remuneration package will be offered commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are required to send their 1) onepage cover letter, 2) CV (including three relevant referees), and 3) twopage statement detailing career expedience and goals, what they will bring to AFIDEP, and how working at AFIDEP will help pursue his/her career goals NOT LATER THAN MARCH 20, 2017 to:
Finance and Administration Manager,
African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP),
6th Floor Westcom Point Building, Mahiga Mairu Avenue off Waiyaki Way, Westlands
P.O. Box 1468800800, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]