Background: I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations. ICL works using the Quadra Helix Model of partnering with the Government of Kenya, through the Ministries of Health, Education, Agriculture, Youth Affairs and Vision 2030 among others, Corporates, Universities and Civil Society Organizations, to design interventions to solve problems in different communities. It has programs in over 234 institutions (tertiary institutions and high schools) across 23 Counties in Kenya and reaches over 1 million youth annually with behaviour change communication messages.Vision & Mission: ICL’s vision is to see a ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!’ The organization seeks to support to the implementation of Vision 2030 through the cascading it to the Counties. ICL’s mission is to create a movement of individuals that enhances the quality of life for communities through Health initiatives, Economic Empowerment, Education and improved Leadership & Governance.Project Description: The Sexual and Reproductive Health, Economic Empowerment, Academic and Career Mentoring and Leadership and Governance (SEAL) Project begun in 2009. The current project seeks to improve the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) outcomes of 6,000 youth (4,500 in school and 1,500 out of school) aged 15-24 years through the holistic SEAL approach by addressing the social determinants of health in three counties (Nairobi, Machakos and Uasin Gishu) in Kenya.Job purpose: To contribute towards implementation of SEAL projects in the specific country of intervention. In addition, support counties in the actualization of their county strategic plans aligned to Vision 2030.I. Key ResponsibilitiesProject implementation and training.
- Assist in the planning, organizing conferences, seminars and training workshops
- Assist in office administration, particularly pertaining to records and payments
- Assist in Training Peer educators, teachers on integration of life skills and parents on Parent- child communication
- Work closely with teachers to identify and train peer educators from interventions schools
- Spearhead establishment of BCCG clubs and activities per term
- Work closely with teachers to plan and organize thematic events
- Assist in identification of university mentors to mentor peer educators
- Participate in project, organizational and institutional meetings take notes/minutes and work harmoniously with other stakeholders
- Help confirm and organize future meeting times.
- Identify and develop project human success stories
- Work with project team to develop picture speaks and newsletter for various activities
- Work with the Communication Officer to develop project communication materials
- Work with the Communication Officer in project and organization brand enhancement
- Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
- Conduct donor research via the Internet to assist the project team in identifying, targeting donors and funding opportunities.
Project Monitoring & Evaluation
- Implement the data collection tools as provided by the donor and ICL monitoring and evaluation policies
- Consolidate project qualitative and quantitative data
- Maintain data records
- Ensure evaluations of trainings and project activities are conducted, reports written and submitted to the County Officer.
- Assist in preparing activity reports and monthly reports in time for team reflection meetings.
- Education, Experience, Skills And Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent
- A minimum of one year experience in Health related projects specifically Youth Sexual Reproductive Health (YSRH)
- Should be Computer Literate and proficient
- Highly motivated to work in a high-performance environment
- Willingness to learn, tackle challenges and seek creative solutions in everyday assignments
- Demonstrate well-developed interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to meet urgent deadlines, work with grace under pressure, and function well in a team.
How to Apply
Please log on to http://www.ichooselife.or.ke/Careers and apply quoting your current and expected salary to reach us on or before Friday 24th February 2017.The subject line of your application should be ‘Project Outreach Associate – Machakos’. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted I Choose Life – Africa is an equal opportunity employer