I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations. ICL works using the Quadra Helix Model of partnering with the Government of Kenya, through the Ministries of Health, Education, Agriculture, Youth Affairs and Vision 2030 among others, Corporates, Universities and Civil Society Organizations, to design interventions to solve problems in different communities. It has programs in over 234 institutions (tertiary institutions and high schools) across 23 Counties in Kenya and reaches over 1 million youth annually with behavior change communication messages.
ICL’s vision is to see a ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!’ The organization seeks to support to the implementation of Vision 2030 through the cascading it to the Counties. ICL’s mission is to create a movement of individuals that enhances the quality of life for communities through Health initiatives, Economic Empowerment, Education and improved Leadership & Governance.
Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) initiative is a two year initial intervention whose goal is to reduce new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) ages 10-24 in the focus counties by 40 percent (in two years). The initiative seeks to provide tailored, comprehensive and evidence-informed service package targeting AGYW’s who are at the highest risk of HIV infection, their male sexual partners, families and communities.
S/he will provide project management and oversight to the overall design, implementation, financial management and monitoring & evaluation of the DREAMS program activities and its grant components. In addition lead the western team in responding to Calls for Proposals (CfPs) in line with ICL pillars and program sustainability. Further support counties in the actualization of their county strategic plans aligned to Vision 2030.
Project Manager Job Key Responsibilities
- In consultation with key stakeholders, identify lessons learnt, innovative strategies and gaps.
- Implement the integrated plans in the 2nd of the project such as exit interventions (entrepreneurships training, business financing and mentorship).
Project Planning and implementation
- Coordinate the project planning process including creating Project, Resource, Financial, Quality, Risk and Reporting plans in a project inception file.
- Develop quality project management plans to ensure the project meets the intended objectives.
- Ensure timely execution of project deliverables in line with the scope of work as outlined in the sub-agreement
- Spearhead the assessment of risks and strategies to mitigate against potential occurrence of the risk(s) and communicate the same to the Programs Coordinator in good time.
- Institute proper procurement planning through source selection, contract administration and close out in line with ICL procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective and optimal utilization of project resources including budget control and value for money
- Manage information and relations with key stakeholders in the best interest of the program beneficiaries.
Resource Mobilization and Sustainability
- Lead in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
- Design, implement and evaluate projects with sustainability at the core.
Project Finance, Monitoring, Evaluation & Control
- Take responsibility for the project budget in line with ICL policies and donor regulations.
- Participate in reviewing the goals and objectives as set out in the scope of work.
- Compile reports (narrative and data) and submit them to the M & E Manager as per the set deadlines.
- In accordance with donor requirements, create or maintain procedures for capturing and reporting monthly, quarterly and annual project technical and financial reports.
- Any other duties and responsibilities in line with project Management.
- Participate in the recruitment, induction and deployment of the project staff in line with ICL HR policies.
- Manage the performance of staff on a daily basis
- Liaise with HR in staff coaching and capacity development
Qualifications for the Project Manager Job
- The ideal candidate should have a Master in Public Health, Project management or a related field.
- Professional qualifications in project management, leadership & management, organizational development, monitoring & evaluation or strategic planning
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience in project management related to PEPFAR funded, SRH, HIV/AIDS and OVC programs.
- S/He should also have experience in capacity building, operations research, monitoring and evaluation, budget management and people management skills
- Ability to work with a team, foster a team approach and incorporate capacity building activities into the program
- Computer literate with an ability to analyze and utilize program development gaps for decision making
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical and report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop institutional partnerships and build networks
- Be an excellent communicator, team player and willingness to work in a multi – sectoral team setting
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter quoting your current and expected salary to [email protected] to reach us on or before Thursday 26th January 2017.The subject line of your application should be ‘Project Manager- DREAMS’ only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
I Choose Life – Africa is an equal opportunity employer