Finance Assistant Jobs at Christian Aid
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: Two years
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing date: 26 May 2017
Interview date: 12 June 2017
Christian Aid is a UK-based international humanitarian and development non-governmental organisations. It is currently working in more than 50 countries, and has been working in Kenya since 1997.
The Kenya Country Programme presently focuses on community health, inclusive markets and climate change resilience delivery interventions that influence shifts in power relations in favour of poor and marginalised communities and groups as a means to ending poverty cycles.
Finance Assistant Job Responsibilities
- To support the finance officer by inputting financial data in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- To prepare financial documentation including cheques, petty cash reimbursement, petty cash advances and all staff floats.
- To ensure efficient and accurate cash and bank books are maintained and monthly accounts and returns are produced in a timely manner.
- To ensure efficient, accurate and timely collation of finance information requested by senior colleagues.
- To extract reports from the financial and administration systems to review the status of the budget and the adherence to financial policies and procedures.
- Cash, bank books and other financial documentation maintained in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Monthly accounts and financial returns produced and submitted in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Local budgets are reviewed, updated and administered accurately.
- Christian Aid and donor financial policies and procedures are complied with.
- Senior finance staff are assisted in meeting office financial requirements.
- Good relationships with third parties, suppliers and partners are maintained through positive communication.
How to Apply