Office Assistant Jobs at Christian Aid
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: Two years
Location: Meru Town, Meru County, Kenya
Closing date: 26 May 2017
Interview date: 12 June 2017
Christian Aid is a UK-based international humanitarian and development non-governmental organisations. It is currently working in more than 50 countries, and has been working in Kenya since 1997.
The Kenya Country Programme presently focuses on community health, inclusive markets and climate change resilience delivery interventions that influence shifts in power relations in favour of poor and marginalised communities and groups as a means to ending poverty cycles.
About the role
To provide effective and efficient administrative support to enable the smooth functioning of the Machakos office.
This role will provide general office and administrative support and undertake routine duties ensuring that procedures are followed and standards are upheld.
Office Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Reception management,
- Logistical support and procurement of office supplies and basic services,
- Stock maintenance,
- Archival activities,
- Meeting rooms management,
- Flights & taxis among others.
- Any other support as deemed relevant.
- Office communications: telephone calls, emails and correspondence dealt with efficiently
- Effective administrative and logistical support provided to the Kenya office including meeting room management, travel bookings, facilitation of meeting among others..
- Accurate and up-to-date contact details, information and database records and other reports maintained on the Intranet site
- Petty cash management and book keeping
- Front office reception services management.
- Procurement and management of services such as telephone bills, kitchen supplies, stationery, among others.
- Maintenance of the resource centre, archive database, stationery stores and inventories.
- Effective support on ad-hoc projects such as conferences and workshops and cross departmental activities.
How to Apply