Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant on temporal basis.
Ref: 004/CHS – 2016
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for managing the front office and assist in all general administrative functions.
- Ensure prompt and efficient initiation and reception of calls, identifying the caller’s requirements and referencing appropriately.
- Receive visitors promptly and direct them appropriately, providing information and assistance whenever possible.
- Ensure organization of the reception.
- Maximize the use of our meeting room resources by scheduling and coordinating meetings, trainings, and interviews through accurate maintenance of the electronic boardroom calendar in addition to organizing for catering where applicable.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing correspondence, including distributing as appropriate and tracking items for follow up.
- Make taxi arrangements for staff when requested and do a monthly reconciliation of the bills for payment.
- Provide assistance with photocopying and in house document binding in collaboration with the office assistant.
- Ensure proper management of PABX machine and maintenance of office extension list.
- Ensure timely processing of requests for the installation, transfer, repair and disconnection of system telephones in liaison with the ICT officer.
- Ensure that office utility bills are paid on time, including internet, telephone etc.
- Ensure accurate information sharing including recording of all invoices, correspondence and parcels received and dispatched.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in any business related field or its equivalent
- Proficiency in MS Office tools and office automation solutions
- Certificate in secretarial duties or front office operation is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria are invited to email their application letter and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and its reference number as the subject line by 5.00PM on or before Tuesday 12th July 2016.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification