Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Program Officer – VMMC
- Serves as a liaison person to the Technical Advisor, the field service delivery staff, the clients and the Ministry of Health.
- Supervises the financial monthly expenditure on field service delivery and ensures timely liquidation and strict compliance to the approved budget.
- Ensure efficient management of day-to-day sub county VMMC operational activities of the program in order to deliver targets in time and within budgets and work together with the mobilisation team to ensure constant client flow for MC teams and subcounty demand creation strategies.
- Ensure regular and timely communications are maintained between the surgical teams and the head office and that the VMMC supplies and commodities are constantly available in the facilities.
- Ensure the program technical and logistical systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Directly supervises the surgical staff in the sites and refer any necessary HR issue, technical issues to the relevant office.
- Work together with SCHMTs and HMTs in ensuring uninterrupted provision of VMMC services at the fixed and outreach facilities
- Coordinates VMMC counselling program services and ensures linkage and referral of all HIV positive clients.
- Ensure MC guidelines and protocols are well followed by the surgical teams.
- Prepares monthly VMMC service delivery budget, monthly summary operations report and quarterly comprehensive operations report for the sub county.
- Ensures maximum integration of VMMC services into the health facilities within the sub county.
- Prepares regular leave schedules and rota for the VMMC surgical teams.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
- Degree or Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing
- Three years’ experience conducting VMMC Surgeries
- Trained and certified as VMMC surgeon
- Two years’ experience coordinating VMMC Program activities