Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of VMMC Communication and Mobilisation Advisor
- Overseeing the development, management and implementation of an evidence based mobilization strategy for the VMMC program.
- Use innovative methods of formative research and social marketing to ensure mobilization and demand creation is appropriate to the target population.
- Develop, together with mobilization officers, sub county specific mobilization strategies for continuous MC client flow and provide technical support to the Mobilization officers.
- Develop and monitor implementation of the VMMC demand creation work plans.
- Supervise the financial monthly demand creation/mobilization expenditure and ensures timely liquidation and compliance to the approved budget.
- Collaborate with PEPFAR funded social-marketing organizations to ensure a comprehensive approach to mobilization and demand creation.
- Determine the necessary IEC/ BCC messages required and coordinate with other national and county MC communications working groups to ensure messages and materials developed are relevant.
- Participate in the national and county VMMC communications working group to ensure harmonized coordination of messages with other partners.
- Provide technical assistance to the sub county Mobilization officers with planning and facilitation of training on VMMC mobilization strategies using the key messages developed by the national &county technical workgroups on VMMC demand creation models.
- Oversee training and mentorship of mobilization team including evaluation of the performance of demand creation department.
- Ensure adoption and compliance to national VMMC strategy on communication and mobilization
- Prepare monthly VMMC demand creation budget, monthly summary operations report and quarterly comprehensive operations report
- Any other official duties assigned by the VMMC Technical advisor or Program Director
- Degree in Social or Health Sciences
- Four years experience in coordinating VMMC social mobilisation and demand creation activities
- Masters in Social Sciences or Public Health is an added advantage