CIC Insurance Group Limited, commonly referred to as CIC Group, is an insurance and investment group that operates mainly in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi
The incumbent shall be responsible for the administration and technical support of the ICT infrastructure section including architectural design, implementations, security and maintenance. Effective management of the day to day operations of the ICT Infrastructure Team ensuring an effective, efficient and best value ICT service is provided.
Responsibilities for the ICT Infrastructure Manager Job
- Oversees the planning and implementation of new systems and improvements to the supporting infrastructure; servers, operating systems, storage, networks (LAN, WAN & Internet) and communication systems for the group.
- Develop business case(s), technical RFP’s, project plans, reports, other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts and ensures effective implementation of procured ICT infrastructure systems.
- Monitor ICT systems and business application platforms at all levels and implement action plans to improve the customer ICT experience to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the administration and Implementation of network security appliances, logical and physical controls within the group infrastructure.
- Implement, track and monitor ICT security controls (Firewall, Antivirus, network access permissions, and access control).
- Risk management and mitigation (Root Cause Analysis, Escalations, and Recommendation).
- Complies with, facilitates development and helps to enforce standard CIC Group Information Technology and
- Information Security policies and operational procedures.
- Ensure ICT infrastructure assets are secured, used and maintained responsibly
- Liaise with service providers and enforce service level agreements to ensure agreed service level agreement requirements are met by the support technicians;
- Advise and assist in the formulation, monitoring, review and prioritization of the ICT Infrastructure Strategy.
- Coordinate and planning the monitoring and testing of the ICT Disaster Recovery plan.
- Facilitate the development of the operational processes and procedures that cover all areas of the ICT
- Infrastructure in line with ISO 27001 and ITIL standards.
- Carry out performance appraisal, coaching and mentoring staff;
- Resource allocation, staffing and leave approval;
- Participate in planning and budgeting for the department and
- Participate in various meeting and committees.
Qualifications for the ICT Infrastructure Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- CCNA/ITIL/ PRINCE2 Project Management qualification
- Minimum of six (6) years’ relevant experience, two (2) of which at supervisory level
- Experience in Netapp, VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Checkpoint, CISCO technologies will be an added advantage.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills and Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Understanding of the working environment /competitors
- Basic knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA
Method of Application
How to Apply
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title.
For example: Ref: Application for ICT Infrastructure Manager to:
THE GENERAL MANAGER – HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION, CIC GROUP LTD. Email: [email protected]
The application should reach us by close of business on 5th May 2017. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 31st May 2017 consider your application unsuccessful.