Generate revenue for Group (General, Life & CICAM) to achieve corporate annual budgets through the development of assigned markets and channels as a source of profitable business for the company through development of strong relationships and partnerships.
• Building and developing strong strategic partnerships/relationships within assigned market and channels;
• Plan and carry out consumer education within the assigned markets and channels;
• Drive profitable business for the company (New and Renewal);
• Design and develop need based products for the assigned market;
• Develop and deliver excellent customer experience in the market;
• Recruit, develop and build capacity of intermediaries/sales force in the market;
• Timely collection of premiums;
• Liaising with support functions to follow up on client queries and complaints.
• Conduct market activations and storms in strategic locations with respective sales teams through visits or other means;
• Prepare market intelligence reports on products and services.
• Carry out performance appraisal, coaching and mentoring staff;
• Resource allocation, staffing and leave approval;
• Participate in planning and budgeting for the department and
• Participate in various meeting and committees.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field. A Master’s degree an added advantage
• ACII or AIIK
• Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant experience in a similar position, three (3) of which at supervisory level
Skills and Attributes
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer care skills
• Leadership skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
• Understanding of the working environment /competitors
• Technical competence in insurance
• Basic knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title.
For example: Ref: Application for Business Development Manager (Retail & SME Business) to:
THE GENERAL MANAGER – HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION
CIC GROUP LTD
Strictly through Email: [email protected].
The application should reach us by close of business 25th January 2017. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 28th February 2017 consider your application unsuccessful.