• Responsible for financial actuarial outputs and reports from CIC General including actuarial valuations, pricing, monitoring the experience and performance of products, capital position, investment performance and the adequacy of reinsurance arrangements.
Actuarial Job Description in Kenya
• Perform quarterly valuations and preparing presentations and reports explaining implications to managers and directors including advice on emerging risks and implications.
• Advice on appropriate rating and rating guidelines based on relevant information in conjunction with the underwriting department
• Provide long term financial projections to support decision making bi-annually
• Review experience analysis (claims, expenses) and provide recommendations
• Provide recommendations on suitability of reinsurance arrangements.
• Supervise, mentor and coach staff under supervision
• Supervise and drive data management, clean up and consolidation and champion data integrity
• Guide and drive all statistical modeling to support statutory and non-statutory actuarial valuations and capital reserves
• Perform analysis of industry statistics and monitor key metrics including those supporting credit ratings
• Ensuring compliance to IRA regulation
• Drive the implementation of asset liability matching and modeling
• Recommend improvements on risk, finance, underwriting and claims processes.
• Minimum BSc Actuarial Science with strong scores in statistical units
• Progress in Institute of Actuaries examinations – at least 10 papers completed including at least one ST and CA1
• Preferred Associate of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (or equivalent)
Relevant Work Experience for Actuarial Jobs in Kenya
• At least 3 years’ experience in an actuarial capacity.
• At least 1 year experience at supervisory level.
• At least 5 years’ experience in the insurance industry
• Experience in statistical modelling and actuarial software
• Problem solving skills with attention to details
• Excellent use of excel
• Excellent in statistical analysis
• Excellent communication skills
• Mastery of statistics packages or programming (e.g. SAS, Visual Basic)
• Proficient knowledge on the insurance industry in Kenya
• Thorough understanding of core actuarial concepts and their application.
• Excellent reporting skills including setting up audit trails
• Report writing and presentation skills
• Knowledge of reinsurance arrangements and structures
• Must be able to pay good attention to detail
• Must have integrity and professionalism
• Must be a quick learner
• Must be a good team leader and player
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Must be able to work within tight deadlines
• Must be self-motivated
• Must be able to work under minimum supervision
• Must be organized and efficient
How to Apply
If you have the afore mentioned to professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title. For example: Ref: Application for ASSISTANT MANAGER-ACTUARIAL THE GROUP HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER CIC INSURANCE GROUP LTD Strictly through Email: [email protected] The application should reach us by close of business 17th October, 2015. Please note only short listed candidate will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 20th October, 2015 consider your application unsuccessful.
CIC Jobs in Kenya : Actuarial Assistant Manager