Our client a leading chemical manufacturing company in Africa is seeking to fill the position of a Civil Engineer
The incumbent will be tasked with effective development and maintenance of the Permanent Way so as to ensure that safety, health and environmental protection is fully integrated in the Company’s logistics operations.
- Participate in the formulation of infrastructural plans, the setting of maintenance standards, specifications, procedures and policies, and ensure compliance and implementation.
- Maintain industrial harmony at work centres to ensure effective team participation in production processes and evaluate staff performance to identify their development and training needs, and set their objectives/targets.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of the permanent way and other civil structures to ensure maximum output, availability and reliability at minimum cost and in accordance with the laid down standards and objectives.
- Carry out investigations of train accidents and ensure that correct preventative measures are affected and safety improvement programs are carried out in line with the overall company Safety Policy objectives.
- Provide leadership, support and expertise to operating team and frontline members in order to achieve the operational goals and objectives.
- Identify systems and resources needed to support team performance; prepare budgets and implement controls to ensure delivery within the set financial targets.
- Develop new designs for infrastructure and provide professional guidance, manage new capital projects and ensure planning, designing and implementation is carried out within approved budgets, specifications and schedules.
Key Position Features
- The job holder is responsible for:
- The Permanent Way, which is a vital component of the business as it ensures the delivery of the product to the customer and the safety of very expensive equipment that operate on it.
- Effective and efficient management of resources to ensure the availability of a reliable Permanent Way including the co-ordination of day to day front line operations and helping the team to link their daily work with the company’s, vision, mission, objectives and strategies.
- Planning and co-ordination ability to be able to meet tight operational requirements and other added responsibilities.
- A degree in Civil Engineering
- 5 Years continuous experience in roads / railway projects management
- Registration by Engineering Board or 10 years continuous experience in engineering practice
- An experience driver with a valid driving licence
How to Apply