Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
The adult insect rearing area of Sanergy’s animal feed facility will be an important unit in the overall process. This role ensures that Sanergy’s vision for a successful adult rearing facility is actualized by bridging the gap between architects, engineers and contractors. Ultimately, this role is put in place to ensure successful implementation of the adult rearing facility on time and in full, within budget.
Civil/Structural Engineer Jobs Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with architects and engineers from consulting firms to design the adult facility, including foundation works, structural design, temperature and humidity control, facility layout and integration within the larger factory
- Implement small scale design features into a pilot scale facility to trial different technical aspects of the plant
- Design cages and shelves using R&D input for a scalable solution that is operationally practical
- Integration of the equipment within the facility space
- Work with procurement, finance and legal teams to source all necessary equipment and to tender major civil, electrical and mechanical work required for the adult facility
- Develop process and material flows for normal operations
- Act as key liaison between contractors and the project team
- Manage on-the-ground foreman to quality-control construction works
- Manage fellows to complete smaller R&D, design and trial work
Job Requirements for the Civil/Structural Engineer Jobs
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- At least 3 years’ experience in Civil or Structural Engineering design and construction; experience in
- Construction Management will be an added advantage
- Ability to critically assess structural designs and assess quality works completed and in progress
- Ability to use CAD software and work with engineering drawings
- Great interpersonal skills comfortable engaging with contractors and consultants
- Can handle abstract problems and generate a range of possible solutions
- Resilient to setbacks, contingency plans
- Flexibility – able to adjust to shifts in scope and timeline
- Frequent field visits to the production facility in Kinanie, Machakos
How to Apply
Apply here for the Civil/Structural Project Engineer Jobs Application Deadline: 15th December, 2016