Claims Assistant Job at Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority
The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA) is a State Corporation established under the National Treasury pursuant to the Unclaimed Financial Assets Act No. 40 of 2011.
The primary mandate of the Authority is to obtain unclaimed financial assets from the holders of such assets on behalf of the Government, safeguard and re-unite the assets with their rightful owners.
UFAA invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
Job Ref: UFAA/10/2016
Claims Assistant Job Purpose
- Reporting to the Auditor (Claims); Claims Assistant will be responsible for providing high quality customer service to claimants by providing them with the necessary information and support regarding unclaimed assets.
Claims Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving all claims lodged at the Authority and ensuring that they are fully supported as per the UFAA regulations requirements
- Maintaining claim records of received claims
- Assisting in processing of claims
- Act as a liaison person between the UFAL department and other departments
- Handling queries from claimants
- Manning the operations front office desk
- Providing appropriate information to claimants on assets held by the Authority
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications for Claims Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field from a university recognized by the Commission of University Education
- At least 3 years of experience in financial field
- Knowledge of unclaimed assets, insurance, Banking and compliance, will be an added advantage
- Professional Qualification in finance field will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A person with high level of integrity
- Ability to foster client relationships
- Ability to work under pressure
Terms & Conditions
- Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package;
- Appointments in positions No. 2 to 14 will be on permanent and pensionable terms subject to satisfactory performance; while position No. 1 will be on 4 year contract terms, renewable subject to satisfactory performance;
- Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Clearance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department.
How to Apply
- If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
- Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least two (2) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience.
- Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport. The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail, or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at 2nd Floor Pacis Centre, Westlands – off Waiyaki way, to be received on or before 22nd July 2016 at 5 P.M. addressed to:
- Chief Executive Officer Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority P.O. Box 28235-00200 Nairobi E-mail: [email protected]