Overall purpose of the job: Reporting to the Senior Accountant. The successful candidate will support the department through the collection, processing, recording, reconciliation and reporting of financial data, verifying the validity, completeness and accuracy of source documentation.
- Process payroll
- Posts transactions to the accounting system
- Maintain master file information (creditors, debtors, payroll, assets) on the accounting system
- Perform General Ledger reconciliations
- Prepare statutory and other payroll returns for submission
- Issue, record, reconcile, replenish, safeguard, and account for petty cash.
- Provide accounting and financial information and responses to risk, audit and other assurance providers.
- Banking money and cheques received.
- Undertake other duties as shall be assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/ Finance or Economics from a recognized university;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) K or Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Have a minimum of 4 years work experience in a busy accounting environment, A team player and high-level interpersonal skills;
- Must be computer literate with emphasis on accounting packages
- Highest level of integrity
House Allowance: Kshs.24,000
Commuter Allowance: Kshs.8,000
How to Apply
- All applicants MUST be of the highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism and comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Candidates will be required to produce evidence of clearance by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Credit Reference Bureau and provide a Certificate of Good Conduct.
- All applications should include the job reference number, a reliable email address, day-time telephone contact and must be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
- CLICK HERE to apply online
- or send your application to:-
- The Secretary/Chief Executive Officer Council of Legal Education P. O. Box 829 – 00502 Karen, Nairobi
- So as to reach him not later than 4th March, 2016.
- Due to the high number of applications anticipated, it will not be possible for Council of Legal Education to respond to each application and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CLE is an equal opportunity employer.
- Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and clearly state that they are women or/and have disabilities.
- Prof. W. Kulundu-Bitonye, EBS Secretary/Chief Executive Officer Council of Legal Education