Internal Audit Assistant
Overall purpose of the job: Reporting to the Internal Auditor. The successful candidate will be charged with assisting the Internal Auditor in coordinating and rolling out internal audit assignments and work plans as well as the affairs of the internal audit office.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ascertain extent of compliance with legislation, regulations and policies
- Review the adequacy of existing systems of internal controls and procedures
- Vouch payroll and verify accuracy of records and financial transactions
- Analyse and evaluate the accuracy of accounting systems and procedures,
- Verify the value of assets and liabilities.
- Check and inspect the accuracy of accounts receivable and payable ledgers
- Carry out audit of computerized systems,
- Prepare audit working papers in accordance with standards and requirements
- Collect and compile data for audit reports,
- Follow up on implementation of recommendations and corrective action,
- Prepare budget plans for the department,
- Conduct audit assignments as may be assigned by the Internal Auditor
- Provide assistance to External Auditors as required,
- Implement internal audit policies and guidelines,
- Ensure implementation of the Audit plan and programmes
- Undertake other duties as shall be assigned.
- Diploma in Business Administration or Equivalent, Degree in Accounting / Finance or a related field will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate with emphasis on accounting packages;
- 3 years’ experience
- A team player and high-level interpersonal skills;
- Person of high integrity
- Membership of professional body will be an added advantage
How to Apply
- All applicants MUST be of the highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism and comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Candidates will be required to produce evidence of clearance by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Credit Reference Bureau and provide a Certificate of Good Conduct.
- All applications should include the job reference number, a reliable email address, day-time telephone contact and must be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
- CLICK HERE to apply online
- or send your application to:-
- The Secretary/Chief Executive Officer Council of Legal Education P. O. Box 829 – 00502 Karen, Nairobi
- So as to reach him not later than 4th March, 2016.
- Due to the high number of applications anticipated, it will not be possible for Council of Legal Education to respond to each application and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CLE is an equal opportunity employer.
- Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and clearly state that they are women or/and have disabilities.
- Prof. W. Kulundu-Bitonye, EBS Secretary/Chief Executive Officer Council of Legal Education