In order to efficiently and effectively deliver its functions, the Council wishes to recruit a full time high caliber staff in the following position:-
Senior Corporate Communications Officer
- Initiating, managing and delivering a corporate communications strategy to develop the Council’s reputation, brand and relationships, ensuring that there is a clear identity and goodwill and understanding amongst the various stakeholder groups and public.
- Developing and ensuring the strategic management of stakeholder relationships and strategies covering the Government, Parliament, professional bodies, all stakeholders, public and the media.
- Providing a strategic advisory communications function to the Chief Executive Officer, members of Board and Management supporting them in their roles as ambassadors for the Council.
- Responding to a wide range of consultations and reports within the context of the policy of the Council, its aims and objectives
- Establishing effective communication relationships (internal and external)
- Formulating and implementing communications policy with other related key organisations
- Cultivating a network of strong and lasting partnerships with stakeholders in all the relevant sectors and ensure continuing support to the Council’s mission and strategic objectives
- Responding to enquiries from the public, media and other organisations
- Arranging interviews with journalists, prepare and distribute media releases, and liaise with and make statements to the media
- Writing, editing and arranging production of newsletters, in-house magazines, pamphlets and brochures
- Writing speeches, preparing visual aids and making public presentations and organizing special events such as open days, visits, exhibitions and functions
- Undertake other duties as shall be assigned.
- A Masters degree in communications, journalism, public relations or other relevant field from recognized institution(s).
- Postgraduate diploma in journalism, public relations; or any other relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Five (4) years relevant work experience, three (3) years of which must have been at a position in corporate communications, public relations or journalism in a large organisation.
- Proven writing skills.
- Excellent command of English language and writing skills.
- Be highly analytical, assertive and a team player.
House Allowance: Kshs. 40,000
Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 12,000
All applications should include the job reference number, a reliable email address, day-time telephone contact and must be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
CLICK HERE to apply online
or send your application to:-
The Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
Council of Legal Education
P. O. Box 829 – 00502
So as to reach him not later than 4th March, 2016.
Due to the high number of applications anticipated, it will not be possible for Council of Legal Education to respond to each application and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prof. W. Kulundu-Bitonye, EBS
Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
Council of Legal Education