The Council of Legal Education (CLE) is established under the Legal Education Act, No. 27 of 2012 of the Laws of Kenya.
The core functions of the Council of Legal Education are to regulate legal education and training, to license and supervise legal education providers; conduct Bar Examinations; and to advice the Government on matters relating to legal education and training.
In order to efficiently and effectively deliver its functions, the Council wishes to recruit a full time high caliber staff in the following position:-
Senior Examinations Officer (Administration)Full Time
Job Reference Number:
CLE 5 CLE/HR03/20161 Position
Overall purpose of the job: Reporting to Manager Examinations Administration. The successful candidate will coordinate development, review and implementation of sound examination procedures.
- Administration of exams procedures
- Facilitate the identification of suitable and adequate examination venues;
- Ensure adequate number of exam supervisors/invigilators and markers.
- Facilitate the planning and Managing of exam distribution and administration logistics;
- Assisting in coordination of the marking process;
- Oversee data entry into the exam system for exam results
- Administering a system for processing examination results
- Oversee timely production of certificates
- Undertake other duties as shall be assigned.
Qualifications and skills
- Masters Degree in Education, Business or Law
- A professional qualification in exam management
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a similar environment or field.
- Knowledge and High proficiency in use of ICT.
- Good Organizational skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Highest level of integrity
Salary ScaleBasic Pay:
137,984 x 12,616 – 150,600 x 12,616 – 163,215 x 12,616 -175,831 x 12,616 -188,446 x 12,616-201,062 per month
House Allowance: Kshs. 40,000
Commuter Allowance: Kshs.12,000
How to Apply
All applicants MUST be of the highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism and comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
Candidates will be required to produce evidence of clearance by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Credit Reference Bureau and provide a Certificate of Good Conduct.
All applications should include the job reference number, a reliable email address, day-time telephone contact and must be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
or send your application to:-
The Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
Council of Legal Education
P. O. Box 829 – 00502
So as to reach him not later than 4th March, 2016.
Due to the high number of applications anticipated, it will not be possible for Council of Legal Education to respond to each application and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CLE is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and clearly state that they are women or/and have disabilities.
Prof. W. Kulundu-Bitonye, EBS
Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
Council of Legal Education