The Council of Legal Education (CLE) is established under the Legal Education Act, No. 27 of 2012 of the Laws of Kenya.
The core functions of the Council of Legal Education are to regulate legal education and training, to license and supervise legal education providers; conduct Bar Examinations; and to advice the Government on matters relating to legal education and training.
In order to efficiently and effectively deliver its functions, the Council wishes to recruit a full time high caliber staff in the following position:-
Senior Quality Assurance and Compliance Officer
Job Reference Number:
CLE 5 CLE/HR01/20161 Position
Overall purpose of the job: Reporting to Manager, Quality Assurance, Compliance and Accreditation. The successful candidate will assist in the administration of the accreditation processes and day to day quality assurance activities including inspection of training providers.
- Administer applications for accrediting and licensing legal training providers;
- Monitor the adherence to standards and set curriculum by legal education providers;
- Receive and review applications for equation of qualifications and accreditation from foreign legal training institutions;
- Coordinate and develop a comprehensive and up to date database of accredited legal education providers;
- Participate in training and standards setting for legal training providers;
- Undertake other duties as shall be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree in Law;
- Professional qualification and demonstrable experience in Standards setting and accreditation work;
- At least 5 years relevant working experience, 2 of which should be at a senior management level in a similar environment;
- Experience in conducting research;
- Good report writing skills and high-level interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and adhere to set timelines;
- Team player, self-driven and focused;
Salary Scale Basic Pay:
137,984 x 12,616 – 150,600 x 12,616 – 163,215 x 12,616 -175,831 x 12,616 -188,446 x 12,616-201,062 per month
House Allowance: Kshs.40, 000
Commuter Allowance: Kshs.12, 000
How to Apply
All applicants MUST be of the highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism and comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
Candidates will be required to produce evidence of clearance by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Credit Reference Bureau and provide a Certificate of Good Conduct.
All applications should include the job reference number, a reliable email address, day-time telephone contact and must be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
or send your application to:-
The Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
Council of Legal Education
P. O. Box 829 – 00502
So as to reach him not later than 4th March, 2016.
Due to the high number of applications anticipated, it will not be possible for Council of Legal Education to respond to each application and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CLE is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and clearly state that they are women or/and have disabilities.
Prof. W. Kulundu-Bitonye, EBS
Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
Council of Legal Education