Clearing and Forwarding Manager
Source for new clients to provide clearing and forwarding services to
- Send quotations to clients and proceed to negotiate
- Check fiscal prices, customs requirements, and clearing fees.
- Study cost estimates to get the optimal and most efficient shipping, transport and clearing method
- Ensure all regulatory requirements to engage in the clearing and forwarding business are up to date and we are in compliance
- Track shipments and follow up with the forwarder regarding vessels’ arrival dates at the destination
- Send clear instructions to the shipper regarding the clearing documentation as per country requirements with the consultation of purchasing office
- Follow up closely on the customs / clearance formalities and delivery process
- Update the shipment clearance log on progress and communicate delays daily
- Overseeing the entire clearing and forwarding process to ensure the clients goods get to them in a timely manner and communicate any obstacles in the clearing process to the client
- Conduct customer surveys to ensure the client is satisfied with our services
- Negotiating with shipping lines, airlines, transporters and agents
- Ensuring good quality customer service levels are achieved.
- Delivery / Dispatch of goods to Dealers / customers as per SO.
- Invoicing as per company price list.
- Maintaining stock records in the computer system and existing checking physical stock tallies with the same.
- Collection of payment cheques from Dealers
- Banking Dealers cheques, entry in the computer records and reconciliation.
- Submitting Sales Tax returns, procuring ‘F’ Forms & timely submission IN LIASON WITH FINANCE OFFICE.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in imports and exports, airfreight and sea freight within the clearing and forwarding industry is non-negotiable for this position
- Good negotiation skills
- Great commercial awareness
- Excellent accuracy
- Good communication skills
- Good leadership qualities
- Excellent knowledge of operations in the clearing and forwarding industry.
- Degree holder in supply chain management/ diploma in clearing and forwarding
How to Apply
Candidates who qualify should send their resumes to [email protected] before 30th September 2015.