Location: Coast Region
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, is supported by MasterCard Foundation, was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
- Conduct trainings at the learning centers to equip learners with clearing &forwarding knowledge and skills.
- Conduct trainings at the learning centers while taking into consideration the contexts and profiles of the learners. This may involve being flexible and adaptable to environments which may necessitate adjusting delivery styles.
- Support learners during trainings
- Maintain and observe quality standards in content delivery.
- Ensure weekly work log is completed to include information on whether learning objectives were met and document the successes and challenges experienced.
- Maintain an up to date record of students.
- Ensure students on internship fill their logbooks.
- Ensure students maintain highest levels of discipline at all times.
- Collect information pertaining to trainings including seeking and compiling feedback from learners on trainings, for course improvement.
- Document training activities through photographs for reporting purposes
- Participate in Road shows to recruit students.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Minimum degree in clearing & forwarding. Those with higher diploma and with relevant experience will be considered.
- At least two (1) year working experience in the field of clearing &forwarding.
- Knowledge and experience of computers and computer packages.
- Knowledge of soft skills required for workplace readiness.
- Experience in teaching/ training, experience teaching/training in underprivileged communities would be an added advantage
- Good presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Time management skills
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is essential
How to Apply