Job Title: Accountant
Industry: Clearing and Forwarding
Salary: Kshs. 35k – 40k
Our client is a leading clearing and forwarding Company based in Nairobi.
They are looking for an Accountant.
- Ensure timely payment of all statutory returns such as PAYE, VAT etc.
- Oversee preparation of the monthly payroll, relevant statutory returns and explain any variations in payroll from one month to the other.
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to determine accurately the company’s gross profit performance (cost analysis) for each site.
- Post all monthly transfers to the sites and ascertain their usage is supported by necessary documents.
- Receive supplier’s invoices, assign correct codes, batch them and post them into the system after they are reviewed by the Finance Manager.
- Posting of LPOs on the accounting software.
- Record all transfers received by the company through the bank.
- Accurately update the cash book and prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare daily cash position and weekly highlight report
- Liaise with operations and sites for accounting of fuel usage weekly for the purpose of payment
- File finance related documents and accounting records to ensure easy tracing.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of cost per item of all regular expense items.
- Follow up on suppliers to provide invoices and monthly statements.
- Settle outstanding accounts within the credit terms agreed with the supplier and ensure that all supporting documents are attached.
- Review and query petty cash payments from the sites
- Check petty cash vouchers for proper authorization and acknowledgment of cash by recipients and ensure proper posting of the same.
- Ensure filing of copies of all documents supporting payments into relevant files
- Promptly obtain new tax guidelines for each year from the Income Tax Department or whenever tax changes are announced to ensure that deductions are correct and are paid in a timely manner at all times
- Oversee proper recording of debtors and creditors and ensure the reconciliation of their balances
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to prepare budget for the sites & review any variances.
- Provide necessary information/documents required by auditors from time to time.
- Raise capital expenditure forms for approval to acquire fixed assets as per procedure and keep an updated list of all company assets.
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management from time to time
Competencies and Qualifications Desired
- CPA (K)
- Excellent command of the English language(both spoken and Written)
- Good command of the Swahili Language
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in Accounts
- Experience in the clearing and forwarding industry will be an added advantage
- Good Accounting knowledge.
- Knowledge of Oracle is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus / orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High on entrepreneurial spirit
- Work independently & with a Team
How to Apply
- If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience
- Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant – Clearing and Forwarding) to[email protected] before Friday 24th June, 2016. Or visit our website www.virtualrecruitment.co.ke Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.