Start Date: 28th November, 2016
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
In close partnership with decision makers — the policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors working with the poor around the world — IPA designs and evaluates potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations, the most rigorous evaluation method available.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the position: Reporting to the Accountant, the Archives Clerk is responsible for the key aspects of record management within the Finance department.
IPA seeks qualified applicants for the position of Archive Clerk for proper record management.
Archives Clerk Job Duties and Responsibilities
Hard Copy Archives;
- Receive and register all incoming documentation (correspondence, invoices, etc.) and distribute to relevant staff within Finance, maintaining a document flow trail,
- Ensure all Finance documentation is stored in designated place (Archives) in a secure manner.
- Restrict access to the Archives only to designated personnel
- Manage document retrieval, to include keeping a daily document movement register from the archives.
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing system
- Digitize all Finance Documentation using appropriate scanning equipment.
- Update and organize the Finance Electronic Data Management System.
- Ensure off line back up of digitized data is updated on a daily basis.
- Under direction of accountant, manage access rights to the EDMS.
- Support Accountant in retrieving queried documents either by projects or Auditors
- Ensure to adhere to all IPAK policies, with specific reference to IPAK data management policies; quality, timeliness, confidentiality!
Required Qualifications and Experience for Archives Clerk Job
- CPA 1 from a local recognized college or a diploma in record management from a recognized local college.
- Working knowledge of MS office.
- Working knowledge of a data management system will be an added advantage.
- Robust problem-solving skills, quantitative and qualitative analytical capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to details in high-pressure, fast-paced environment; willing to stretch and work well beyond official working hours.
- Ability to work within a team and provide support to a cross functional range of staff.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge and synergy with IPA Values.
- At least 6 months experience in record keeping and management.
How to Apply
To Apply Click here: https://poverty-action.formstack.com/forms/ac_fieldoffice_kenya NB: Please do not apply if unavailable on the above specified start date. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Archive Clerk-Field Office Kenya. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA.