Are you good in managing client expectations?
Strategically placed throughout East and Central Africa and with over 22 office locations in various countries, our client is a market leader in the Clearing and Forwarding Industry specialized in Transportation and Materials Handling/Storage Services.
Category : Transport & Logistics Experience(s) : 10 Year
Company Type: LEADING EAST AFRICAN BRANDS
- To manage our client’s expectations and provide the platform and guidance to the CR team to achieve the highest possible service levels to the company’s customers at all times.
- To ensure that there is effective internal systems and procedures to drive efficiency between the CRO & ACRO’s functions and the internal operational teams with in the company.
- To ensure that there is effective external systems and procedures to drive efficiency between the CRO & ACRO’s functions and our third party service providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day functions of the Client Relationship Officers (CRO) & Assistant Client Relationship Officers(ACRO)
- Manage the client distribution between the CRO’s & ACRO’s.
- Develop strong internal policies and procedure for the interaction between the CRO’s / ACRO’s and the operational departments within the company.
- Driving creative problem solving initiatives throughout all the CR functions.
- Harmonize & Implement the company’s systems solutions to drive efficiency into CR functions.
- Ensure all CR functions are fully aware of all the company’s operations and that they are fully trained on all required systems internal and external dictated by the industry.
- Drive complete supply chains solutions
- Ensure that CRO & ACRO are always fully aware of our clients contractual requirements, and that they are always complying to the same 100% (KPI’s & SOP’s)
- Ensure that quality feedback is always provided in a timely manner to ALL clients.
- Advise clients on C& F requirements and ensure timely submission of appropriate documents to facilitate opening of respective operation files.
- Actively Liaise with the Operations Manager to co-ordinate and streamline all operations to best suite our customer’s requirements.
- Make sure that at all times CRO’s are always following the company’s ISO procedure and any and all changes to operations is recorded and updated through the ISO department.
- Monitor and keep data of all costs/incidentals pertaining to clearance/movements
- Manage the efficiency of ALL Pro-Forma to Final Invoice processes, and the collection of the backup documentation by the CRO & ACRO’s.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports for management as and when required.
- Continually look to improve processes and procedures, and assist in creating & maintaining accurate internal SOP’s at ALL times.
- Manage all group companies performing tasks assigned to them as subcontractors.
- Have an overall responsibility to take an active, daily role in maintain the highest HSE & Q standards in the company.
- Make sure that the CRO & ACRO’s are always up to date with all the services that the company have to offer and that they are always seeking for opportunities to up sell our service and look for new opportunities.
- To improve your own skills and develop yourself with in your field of expertise, by seeking internal / external work exposure to build up experience required to provide the high level of service quality expected of you. Always look to continue further your education (courses / forums / seminars / studies.)
- Attend to any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Operations Management or Supply Chain Management
Skills and Other Competencies
- 5 – 10 years related working experience in the customs clearing and freight forwarding industry.
- Must have proven managerial skills.
- Have prior experience in operational customer relations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Fluent written and spoken English and Kiswahili
Personal Qualities and Behavioral Traits
- Team Player