HJF Medical Research International Inc.
Job Title: Clinical Care and Research Coordinator
Grade: MR 9
Supervisor: KDF Program Director
Job Summary: The incumbent will serve as a Clinical Care and Research Coordinator of clinical care and research activities in Kenya Defense Force (KDF) HIV program under the Department of Defense (DoD) of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The research activities are conducted by HJF Medical Research International, Inc. (HJFMRI).
Responsibilities include project management, research coordination, and HIV related care and support.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate in protocol development by preparing required documents for submission to the IRBs and other regulatory authorities, as applicable.
- Ensure all aspects of the research protocols are being adhered to by the study team and are compliant with appropriate laws, regulations policies and procedural requirements.
- Oversee and coordinate study participant recruitment, care and treatment of research subjects and liaise with other internal departments and external collaborators.
- Oversee study- related activities such as chart preparation, protocol trainings, SOP development, and preparation of relevant study forms and labels.
- Assist s research teams in the planning and coordination of volunteer’s recruitment to ensure the required number of study subjects is successfully enrolled.
- Assist the PI in selection of eligible subjects and with the administration of consent forms in compliance with relevant regulations.
- Oversee planning, scheduling and carrying out of procedures to provide adequate care and treatment of research subjects. Contact study subjects and schedule follow-up appointments, as appropriate.
- Perform interval interviews and assessments at study visits for protocol specific data.
- Assess and ensure subjects safety throughout participation in the study.
- Audit clinical study records; compare case report forms with source documents; review vaccine/drug accountability records and other relevant study files.
- Audit records for accuracy, and ensure completed CRFs in a timely manner.
- Resolve data and record discrepancies identified during the in- house reviews.
- Coordinate staff in preparation for monitoring visits.
- Work closely and meet with PI to provide research updates and address challenges.
- Perform periodic review of the regulatory binder to ensure completeness.
- Prepare protocol required reports such as Serious Adverse Events (SAEs), Continuing Review Reports and other reports as may be necessary. Monitor deadlines.
- Supervise research assistants to include performance evaluations, training, work allocation and problem resolution as may be applicable.
- Provide direct care to research subjects to include, HIV counseling and risk assessment, phlebotomy, and general nursing care.
- Provide direct HIV related care and support services at designated KDF facilities.
- Provide Mentorship and Supervision at KDF PEPFAR supported facilities.
- Perform other program duties as may be assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least a degree /diploma or equivalent level in a clinical study related field.
- CITI Certification.
- At least 4 years experience working in clinical research.
- Proven experience in coordinating and supervising data collection and data entry in conducting a clinical research.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and excellent report writing skills.
- Experience in providing HIV related care and support in PEPFAR funded setting.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and as a team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Terms of service: Contract for 1 year.
How to Apply
To apply, submit your application letters, resumes, testimonials, copies of certificates and day time telephone contact(s) no later than August 28th, 2015 to: [email protected]