Clinical Nurse Manager Job at Janta
Our client a hospital is seeking to recruit a Clinical Nurse Manager to join their dedicated team. The position holder will report to the Clinical Services Manager.
The position holder will be responsible for promoting and restoring patients’ health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the patient care area; directing and developing staff; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staff; providing physical and psychological support for patients, friends, and families.
The clinical nurse will also be the Team Leader in the branch and serve as a representative to promote the best interests of both the staff and management to ensure that the patients are well attended to.
Duties for the Nurse Manager Job
- Identify patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintain nursing guidelines by ensuring that all policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintain clinical operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Assure quality of care by developing and interpreting hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care.
- Enforce adherence to requirements and regulations relating to health care.
- Measure health outcomes against standards in the branch and making adjustments to meet the set standards.
- Complete patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning staff rota and following up on work results.
- Maintain staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining all the employees at the branch.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by designing and implementing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protect patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Ensure patient confidence and protect operations by monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintain documentation of patient care services by auditing patient and department records.
- Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying availability, ensuring they are serviced and repaired.
- Maintain clinical supplies inventory by studying usage reports, identify trends; anticipating needed supplies, approve requisitions and cost allocations.
Nurse Manager Job Qualifications
- Professional: KRCHN
- BSc. In Nursing will be an added advantage
- Possess a valid practicing license
- 5 year post training experience.
- Managerial training & experience is desired.
Work Related Skills and Personal Attributes
- Keen on detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Supervision skills
- Effective Environment
- Computer Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Kind and compassionate
- Team Player
- Time Management
How to Apply
If qualified, kindly send your CV to [email protected] clearly indicating ‘Clinical manager-Mombasa’ on the subject line by 10th June 2017. DO NOT attach any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.