Job Title: Clinical Officer or Nurse
Location: Migori County
Reporting To: Project Coordinator
Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) Clinical Officer or Nurse Job in Migori County, Kenya
Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization headquartered in Kisumu dedicated to improving the reproductive health of men and women.
NRHS has a variety of research projects, it runs support groups for PLWHA and MARPS, and it is working with the Ministry of Health to provide both adult and early infant male circumcision services in Kenya.
NRHS is currently seeking to hire a qualified Clinical officer or Nurse for the MCP.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Clinical Officer:
- Perform circumcisions and monitor the healing process of clients.
- Record any adverse events arising from the surgery as those not related to the MC roll out providing detailed explanations of the type, causes and management of the complications.
- Conduct medical examinations, and provide treatment at both scheduled and unscheduled visits, refer clients to appropriate providers for specialized management of their conditions.
- Prepare infections control protocol and oversee that it is followed adequately.
- Ensure coordination of clinical activities with the laboratory, data entry staff, nurse, counselor and receptionist.
- Keep information about clients in strict confidence.
- Participate in training of Ministry of Heath Staff and mobile Circumcision teams on the MC roll-out and the surgery itself.
- Implement proposed MC training work plan to address knowledge gap in GOK MOH and other relevant medical staff knowledge and skills in MC.
- Be fully responsible and accountable for project resources entrusted to you.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Prepare and deliver narrative oral or written reports to the supervisor as needed.
- Any other official duties as may be assigned by the P.I., Project Coordinator or any other superior officer of NRHS.
Required Minimum Qualifications of the Clinical Officer:
- A diploma or equivalent in clinical medicine & surgery or Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in VMMC as RCO or Nurse
- Training and certification in STI and VMMC desirable
- Prior GCP and Human subjects training is desirable
- Practicing license
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Desirable attributes:
- Stress tolerance
- Attention to detail
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Proactive and reliable
How to Apply
Email your C.V to [email protected] with the job title on the subject line. `MCP Clinician Applications should be received by the Human Resources Manager on or before 10th October, 2016